Time off ?

Originally Posted By: bkelly1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am prepating to undergo a 2nd shoulder surgery in 2 years. Last year was my first full time year inspecting.(after surgery) This, now is my only income. I will be unable to cawl under house, and lift any weight for several weeks, possible months. SO, my question is , how long have you had to take off for?

Originally Posted By: escanlan

Ben,

Good luck on the surgery and hope it goes well.

Look on the positive side and you don't have to stop inspecting. This is a perfect opportunity to allow ride alongs and mentoring a new person. I'm sure there is someone near you who would happily carry the ladder, laptop, etc. and crawl under foundations for the opportunity for some experience and as little pay as just gas money. No reason to put the clip board down once you are well enough to move.

Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

Ben, hang in there. 4 years ago come March, I was diagnosed with RSD. Reflex Sympathitic Dystrophy. I could not move my right arm without pain for 3 1/2 years. Texas Rehab retrained me for Home Inspections. Rehab sent me to school and I passed my TREC exam. We mad it through with God’s help. As they say, “this too shall pass”. icon_biggrin.gif

This Ole House-Home Inspections

William A. Campbell TREC # 6372

Serving the Texas Coastal Bend

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: bwieczorek

Best of luck with that. I underwent spine surgery last August and again 6 days later. The first operation went bad requiring another. I had just started my business and was doing well when this happened. I’m no longer able to climb latters and inspect crawl spaces due to permanent paralysis in my left leg.

I've got another inspector working with me actually doing the inspections while I now concentrate on marketing and report writing. I've had to take this approach due to my condition but its something I'll live with and smile.

Look around at others with must worst disabilities and you'll see life is good. You just have to modify some things and work with what Gods given you.