Tool Bag

Originally Posted By: Mike Monstwillo
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

It seems to me that I won’t need a whole lot of tools to perform inspections. Besides a foldable ladder I have a list of about 15 or so tools I think I will need.

What do you guys use to carry your tools around? Would that $35 NACHI briefcase work well for this?

Mike Monstwillo

American Home Inspection

Cedar Lake, IN

Originally Posted By: nlewis

Mike,

I have tried carrying alot of tools in things like tool belts and various totes. Carrying all of that stuff just gets in the way for me. I carry the basic stuff, flashlight, screwdriver and outlet testers in my pockets. I have a whole trunkful of tools that I keep in various toolboxes that are too heavy to haul around. I will usually make a few trips to my vehicle during the inspection for more of the specialized tools. That way I can take a short break to check my phone messages and not be distracted by the phone during the inspection. The client’s and realtor’s phone conversations are distracting enough. This seems work for me.

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi Mike,

I use the Gate Mouth canvas tool bag made by Bucket Boss, lot’s of compartments inside and out.

Carla

Originally Posted By: mhenderson

Mike,

Sears(craftsman) makes a very good bag with side pockets ,inserts & even a pull out handle with wheels so you can pull it along instead of carrying it…thats what I use…

MH@ Eagle I Home Inspection Services,L.L.C.

Originally Posted By: Bill Emelander

Mike,

I use a Craftsman Bag with lots of pockets inside and out for the stuff I use on most inspections. I also have a bucket with some of the stuff not used as often which I leave in the truck unless needed.