Tool Belt Suggestion

Looking for any suggestions on a solid tool belt to use in the field. I’ve been looking on Amazon but wanted to see if any of you professionals have a suggestion or comment of the options out there.
Thanks!

This is one I carry around with me. Nice handle and shoulder strap. Fits quite a bit in it. I have another bag for heavier and special stuff like binoculars, etc.

4 Likes

I just use a small tool pouch that clips on my belt. Only essential tools go in the pouch. Three light tester is attached to the pouch with a key card retraction reel (office depot). Tools include a live wire sniffer (Milwaukee tools), a moisture meter (Surveymaster), 12 in 1 screwdriver, flashlight, extendable magnet retrieval tool. 2 foot folding rule, awl (for probing). Everything else goes in the bag. Last thing I want is to have my trousers pulled down around my ankles! Been known to wear suspenders too (holds everything up!).

5 Likes

Much the same as the others above, I use a main tool bag and smaller waist pouch. Multi-pocket cargo pants and/or vests can work great as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely trying to stay away from having something pull the ole trousers down! Thanks

2 Likes

What Bob said plus a marker to identify air direction at furnace plenum for the filter, a two-wire tester to verify split plugs, a small level, a pen; opposite the small pouch I have a small rechargeable drill bought a CT and the Fennix holder. Camera hangs from my neck.

3 Likes

Picked one of these up at a garage sale for 10 bucks. Seems to work well especially when climbing up and down ladders, and moving through attics. Holds what I need on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Great find BTW!

1 Like

If you carry that into an attic you will be joining the foot through the ceiling club. :flushed:

1 Like

Haha, thought the same thing! :grinning:

1 Like

Chris
I use a large waist/fanny pack for my small hand tools and testers and carry a 4ft aluminum level for pointing out defects and fending off aggressive dogs.

It’s actually pretty compact. Made for hiking and climbing mountains. Cross my fingers, I haven’t put a foot through yet!:grinning:

2 Likes

Be nimble, walk like a cat :smiley_cat: Stalking a mouse, :rat: stay light-footed. :grinning:

1 Like

Tactical pants with cargo pockets serves as my toolbelt. Along with a tool bag for the larger tools when needed.

3 Likes

Evening, Chris.
Think tool pouches. They are lightweight as compared to tool belts.
Here is what I use at every inspection. MAXIMUM 10-Pocket Tool Pouch with Belt. Very lightweight and sturdy. You can add accessory pouches.

Hey Chris,
These days I am using a Gatorback padded belt with various pouches attached. I like it because it has both a sturdy buckle and velcro closure to hold it secure on me when I’m under and over things. It is a bit bulky though. That said, I have stopped counting all the priceless vases I have knocked over while wearing it. My small tool bag usually stays somewhere central in the house in case I need a less-used tool. For a lower-profile belt, I am looking at the Klein rigid belt which seems to have a beefy metal closure. I haven’t found a fanny pack that holds what I want without sticking out too much.