Originally Posted By: jtedesco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

nachi_sarcasm.gif

Originally Posted By: tallen

Deleted

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Post deleted.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Message Deleted

Originally Posted By: roconnor

… regardless of any building official approval (which I couldn’t imagine is the case). Flag it and let someone put it in writing that it’s acceptable … icon_wink.gif

jbowman wrote:
For instance, In one hand we say - (stay away from codes, regulations, etc.), while in the other hand we say (if you want to pass the NHIE exam you need to study the "Code Check Series", study the NEC's, etc.). Talk about an oxymoron. Heck, NACHI even sells the "Code Check Series".

John ... keep in mind that even though an HI doesn't have the legal authority to apply codes or flag things as violations (which is partly why code sections should NOT be referenced/quoted in reports), model codes like the NEC and IRC are an extremely useful guide for an HI since they are indeed national standards on safety and acceptable construction. IMHO, HI's need to have at least a working knowledge of these standards and model codes as they relate to residential construction, and why you will find many issues related to these standards on HI exams.

Just my opinion and 2 nickels

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: tallen

Ditto.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: psabados

Double Ditto Joe!

Learning is more than picture with this is wrong. Steps are needed to be taken in order for education to work. Our world is in color and not black and white. Banter and debate is good and also helps the learning process, this being said, the few that have ego's wider than a doorway, take a hint. This is not directed at any individual but to all, respect should be given to the person asking the question and to the individuals who are replying.

Joe, you really need to get back on the regular program ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)

Paul

Counting down the days to Orlando 2005

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

Joe

This has to be one of the best pictures of all time.

Who would guess why inspections are need when performing electrical work?

I will make a copy for the next ESI meeting.

Mike P.