Trying to help a client understand

Photos do not prove nothing. They need to prosecute those who are found wrong too many times “figuring out that would be next to impossible” and prosecute those who turn in those forms. It makes the biz flat out miserable. Another reason I get paid up front because folks that do not get their way will screw you in a heartbeat and I cannot afford to get screwed anymore than life has already screwed me.

Mike, I think that broker lady is full of it. Ask her if she’ll send you a report showing those pictures of those shutters and that they’re giving the credit for it. If you do get one send it to me and that will be the last report they ever do like that

You’ve helped me more than once too Mike:D

Damn, there’re coming out of the woodwork now :slight_smile:

Be Loud Be Proud :slight_smile:

This is what I remember reading in the InterNACHI wind mitigation class. The stucco finish shutters were pre-1994. Meeker you know the drill, No documentation or approval number No Credit!!!

Where’s your inner credit Nazi;-)

I know I want her to read it from others since she basically called me a hack and said that even though I told her they were on my home I somehow must have got them approved on my home and her whole company accepts them as protection and all the inspectors she uses accepts them. I want her to see what pros think and say.

Bad thing is what do you think she will tell all she meets about me and my company?

I dislike this biz greatly because of people like her.

I just had another guy pissed at me because all his inspections prior to mine gave him a hip roof credit and he wants to know why I could not use the numbers the last guy the insurance company sent out used. I said because they are wrong. Not even friggen close…Problem agents, brokers, realtors etc…only care about the sale and do whatever they can including intimidation and trying to sound like they will send you a ton of work if you make things go their way and I may be poor right now but at least I have my PRIDE.

If anything ashe said was true WHY DID SHE CALL ME?

that’s pretty much correct. However be good to my friend Michael :slight_smile:

Tell em Roy :slight_smile:

An individual or entity who knowingly provides or utters a false or fraudulent mitigation verification form with the intent to obtain or receive a discount on an insurance premium to which the individual or entity is not entitled commits a misdemeanor of the first degree. (Section 627.711(7), Florida Statutes)

Seems like these people are just taking the insured’s word for it and not looking for the documentation. I’m not pointing fingers, but no documentation no credit. That’s why I always check every window and door. I have done some wind mitigation inspections where the last wind mitigation inspector passed the doors and windows and I failed them because I could not find a proper documentation for all the doors and windows.

Oh I will he’s been pretty good in my book, both of you guys

Just tell them “where not in the business to make things work”:wink:

I think every day this week an agen client or broker has tried to get me to commit fraud and said all their other people do it.

Do not forget the piece of crap Steve P from sunrise fl that said a home built before the 2001 code went into effect in palm beach meets the 1994 sfbc code if it was build=t after that went into effect just because they all just decided to do it before it became code. yeah right.

I agree with Marc. Those “textured” shutters are not approved.

-Carl

Not rated and never will be!!! But what do I know - I’ve only done a few thousand Wind Mits.

Those are not rated panels. Very common and easy to recognize. Any experienced inspector would mark those as not rated. Maybe they meet the 1988 sfbc, but not 94

I doubt the lady will even read this but she pissed me off I sent the link to her home email and work. after what she said I may just send the link to her company since I have not received an apology from her yet for her complete disrespect and rudeness.

just one of those days, huh mike. haha! Remember, she may have gotten a discount for those in the past- pre 2012, until they took away class-c discounts. She is probably confused and you are the only one to blame.

Whatever her problem is she attacked my integrity and claims her whole company accepts those shutters and all her inspectors give them a good rating. WHY DID SHE HIRE ME?

Now all she talks to she will bad mouth me and I am the only one that did the right thing. I cannot be bought by promises of future work like apparently most other than you and I can be :frowning:

Looks like you are having one of these a week now a days.
I never let these kinda things get to me .I call it out and forget it and never second guess myself.