UMVI Plywood Question

It’s my understanding that the OIR interprets Table 1609.1.2 of the FBC 2007 to require permanently installed threaded anchors.
The FBC doesn’t say anything about permanently installed, nor predrilled plywood.
Does anyone have documentation from the OIR stating these requirements?
I have a retired contractor who has precut plywood and installs it with tapcons, but no permanent anchors.

The code appears to also require permanantly installed anchors.

Chapter 16‚ Section 1609‚ (1)(4)(ag1)
http://ecodes.citation.com/images/NavPara.gif1. Wood structural panels with a minimum thickness of 7/16 inch (11.1 mm) and a maximum span of 8 feet (2438 mm) shall be permitted for opening protection in one- and two-story buildings. Panels shall be precut so that they shall be attached to the framing surrounding the opening containing the product with the glazed opening. Panels shall be predrilled as required for the anchorage method and all required hardware shall be provided. Attachment shall be designed to resist the components and cladding loads determined in accordance with the provisions of Section 1609.6.1.2, with permanent corrosion-resistant attachment hardware provided and anchors permanently installed on the building. Attachment in accordance with Table 1609.1.4, with permanent corrosion-resistant attachment hardware provided and anchors permanently installed on the building, is permitted for buildings with a mean roof height of 45 feet (13 716 mm) or less where wind speeds do not exceed 140 mph (63 m/s)

Thank you. I didn’t see that.

1 Like