Water Heater Age

(Steve Gozdziewski) #1

Hello all.
Im hoping someone can help me with this. I looking to find the age for a Buderus water heater. The building intelligence website doesn’t have this style serial number. I have attached a picture. Thanks in advance for the help!!

(Chuck Evans, CMI TREC 7657) #2

LOL! They got kind of carried away with that serial number. They must have embedded a crapload of information in it.

My wild assed guess would be 2010, but that’s all it is. If you have photos of other labeling, look for an ANSI date on a seal or label. It will usually be within a few years prior to the unit build date and can help you determine if your guess is viable.

(Junior S. Fudge, 342226, 342230) #3

I had a number like that before. The date is coded in the 3 digit number after the first dash. What year was the home? Buderus Boiler Age?

(Steve Gozdziewski) #4

The home was originally build in the 50’s, but this was knocked down to the foundation and floor joists and rebuilt. The boiler was a Burnham from 2001.

OK so the three number, that would be 759, Julian date. So 59th day of 2007?
Am I reading that right?

Thanks for your help!!

(Junior S. Fudge, 342226, 342230) #5

The guy didn’t tell me how he decoded it. He said they use that number to determine the age. My 3 digits was “304”, and he said it was manufactured in April 2013. What was your ANSI date, or did you not see one?

(Steve Gozdziewski) #6

I did not see one.

(Chris Misner) #7

Why can I not see the picture?

(Joshua L. Frederick) #8

I can’t either on quite a few posts…I don’t get it.