Water heater inside the house, not in a closet

The water heater was inside the house, next to the bathroom. The bathroom door didn’t open all the way because of the heater. The heater was almost touching the walls on two sides.
Is it safe to keep it where it is? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Harald

Harald do you have any pictures to share?

2 Likes

Just uploaded them Martin.

1 Like

Probably not the best location for the water heater but I don’t see anything wrong with it. Just add in your report that you’re not able to completely open the bathroom door because of the water heater. Electric water heaters can usually be installed very close to combustible materials. It looks like they reduced the discharge piping from the relief valve. There really should be a drip pan under the water heater. I don’t see an expansion tank or a shut off valve but it may be out of the photograph.

1 Like

And the moment you ask yourself;

“Why didn’t they install a square one?” :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

4 Likes

Funny, they went thru the effort to strap it but not put in a drain pan, on top of carpet non the less.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing why in the world would they do that. The seismic strapping is really nice.

1 Like

Of course, we don’t have seismic strapping down here. But I would consider strapping it when that close to my bathroom. Ha!

1 Like

Everything Martin said and I also don’t see any teflon tape between the dissimilar metals, Galvanic corrosion will occur real fast without it.

1 Like

Missing the leg trap dirt thingy

8 Likes

I’m sure the drip kid will chime in any moment😂

6 Likes

Is that wet electric supply or dry electric supply? If it’s wet the electrical conductors need to be ran in a loop to dry out the electricity.

5 Likes

Excellent
New well deserved nickname
DRIP KID alert!

3 Likes

I m thinking that greatly depends on how fat the home owner is…just sayin…

1 Like

Where is the expert Jordan when you need him??? :nauseated_face:

1 Like

You mean the drip kid. He’s probably taking his afternoon nap. Usually I see his little face in the “replying…” almost immediately after a reference.

2 Likes

…an attached at it’s highest point…like a dishwasher drain pipe.

3 Likes

Thomas this keeps getting better I’m loving it

1 Like

Please stop trying to wake the dead…in 14 years He was my first ignore…

2 Likes

Just look at it like entertainment.
My life will be complete when I get to use it… … …

3 Likes