Water Testing

Originally Posted By: Cj Suter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hey Guys

I’m pretty new to this industry. I’m wondering about water testing. Are you guys doing water testing? I live in an urban area and there are concerns about the city drinking water. I’d like to provide some water testing services but I’m not sure how to go about it. … certification, testing kits, etc. What do you all think? Thanks.

Cj

Originally Posted By: dbush

CJ, I am not much help, but I thought I would answer anyway. I sub out the water test to my brother in law and sister in law. They own a well and pump business and are both DNR certified to do water tests and they use the County Lab for their testing.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi CJ,

most city water dept's issue once or twice a year a statement about their water quality, including standard water test results. The only testing that I do is on private water supplies, and use the services of a local commercial lab.

I would suggest that you find a local, lab with a good reputation that guarantees fast turn arounds, and that you also ask them for training, taking samples is not rocket sience but there are some issues that you need to know about.

here is a link to the local lab that I use, this should give you some idea as to what you are looking for:

http://www.newenglandradon.com/analysis.htm

I hope this helps

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: dfrend

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/money/2781396/detail.html

Hey if the city water is good enough to do this, why test it? ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: Cj Suter

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Cj

Originally Posted By: lschmid

Yes, we do offer water testing but I am licensed by the state in water treatment, well drilling, and am certified as a DHEC /EPA lab. Find a good lab around your area, learn how to take the samples yourself, and take to them. A good service to provide to your client, and adds to your income.

Good Luck and best wishes.

--
Larry Schmid
First Choice Home Inspection,Inc.
South Carolina Chapter President
www.1stchoicehomeinspection.com
A SAFE HOME IS A HAPPY HOME