What are your feelings about online scheduling.

Originally Posted By: lsteiner
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

What are your feelings about online scheduling. Is this a good thing. Do you see yourself going this route in the future. Do you think that online scheduling removes the personal touch or enhance buisness?

Lorne

Originally Posted By: sramos

It will never be the sole avenue for booking inspections. Agents still like to call and make sure. Maybe future generations will trust technology but not the current one. However, it is a great marketing tool and I use it to sell my company as a cutting-edge solution oriented inspection company.

Steven Ramos

EnviroVue Home Inspection

866-541-2883

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

sramos wrote:
It will never be the sole avenue for booking inspections. Agents still like to call and make sure. Maybe future generations will trust technology but not the current one. However, it is a great marketing tool and I use it to sell my company as a cutting-edge solution oriented inspection company.

Steven, I went to your scheduling on your site, and gotta say I didn't understand it a bit... a bunch of blank spaces with $35 under them ????

Was I not viewing it right? or is there a tech. glitch.?

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: jpope

Lorne,

I was offered to beta test one of these products and many of the agents I spoke with were very "excited" about the possibility.

They can schedule their appointment while talking with their client and look for the most convenient time slot.

I prefer the "personal touch" when dealing directly with the client, but I would like to see how it pans out.

I don't have the software yet, but if you are developing your own, I trust your products and would definitely use yours over the competition.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Lorne,

Would you like to open a thread for questions on your software for people who have it and for those that don't?

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

My website came with online scheduling, which I promptly removed. I want to speak to anyone who wants to hire me, if only for five minutes. I have a few questions before I quote a price, and hopefully they have a few before they hire me. I’m sure some enjoy the cutting-edgeness of that kind of thing, but I think they are still dwarfed by those who like the personal touch.

Plus, it would be too easy for a hoaxter to drive you nuts with that system.

Originally Posted By: gbell

The system that alamode is using is the best I have seen to date.

I tried 24/7 scheduler and was very disappointed with the product and service.

The agents love to use it for the reasons that Jeff stated. I do have it on my site if you would like to check it out.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Nice Greg…I like it. Wish I could get it on my site, but I’m sure you have to use another service.

Originally Posted By: Lorne H. Steiner

cmccann wrote:
Lorne,

Would you like to open a thread for questions on your software for people who have it and for those that don't?

Originally Posted By: Kenneth Sitzes

Hi, Greg

Want service due you us for the online scheduling. It was really nice.

It is provided with the web site.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Robert Alexander

www.alamode.com is where you can get more information on their Inspector websites. As Greg mentioned, online scheduling is integrated into your Inspector website. You can choose to use it or not. Recently, they made a lot of new enhancements (particularly to back office functions) on the site. I can be notified via cell phone when an order inquiry is made to my website.

I hope this helps!

Originally Posted By: Daryl Oie

Daryl Oie Co/Owner 24-7 Scheduler.

I am happy to see the chatter on online scheduling on your web site. I would like to respond to some of your questions and comments about online scheduling and our system in particular.

Why was 24-7scheduling created? As a Home Inspector, I found myself answering my cell phone while performing my home inspections. I kept getting comments from the agents and clients like ?gee you sure are busy? ?Does you cell phone always ring so much?? I would apologize and then excuse myself for about 5 or 10 minutes while I took that phone call and wrote down my next inspection. It came to me that what I was really doing was telling this client and agent that they were not as important to me as my next job. I was also inadvertently extending the time it took me to perform that inspection and taking time away from the client and agent. There had to be a better solution ? The 24-7 Scheduler was created.

What is an online scheduler? It is a tool to help you manage your time and business more effectively. We are a web based scheduling system that is attached to your website. You direct your agents to your website to schedule appointments. They put in the information you request and get a confirmed date and time that they selected, a price for the service, and a copy of your contract.

How does the 24-7 Scheduler work? With the 24-7 Scheduler you have full control over the hours and days that you work because there is a yearly and monthly calendar. You have full control over the information that you need to collect from the clients by adding, changing or deleting fields in the administration section. You have full control over your services and pricing. If you want to change pricing or add more services it is done at the touch of a button. The 24-7 Scheduler also creates a database of users so that you can use it for future marketing.

Some of you might say ?I need to talk to all my clients and agents before they schedule me?. This might be true in some cases ? not every one likes computers ? but lots of people do. You can set up the 24-7 Scheduler to ask the typical questions you need to schedule an inspection. Haven?t you already sold your services to the people that are referring you? For those people who call you in the field you can still take their call but at times when the client or agent are not around. You can give them a choice of booking on line or taking the information from them. What?s important for client or agent is that they can easily book an inspection at any time of the day or night at their convenience. The agent can do it from their desk or their clients home any time of the day or night. They will look like a hero to their client and you will have another inspection scheduled. No more e-mails or faxes going back and forth, no more phone tag, no more lost business because you were out of cell range.

I would like to invite any of you who have a question to e-mail me at daryl@24-7scheduler.com, call me at 916 966-3785, or visit our website at www.24-7scheduler.com. We will be at the NACHI convention in Orlando, come by our booth and talk with us and see what the 24-7 Scheduler can do for you and your business.

Daryl Oie
President 24-7 Scheduler

All it did for me was take my money. Make sure you know what you are getting before you sign up.

I would never recommend doing business with 24-7.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Thank you for you input Greg.

I just sent them an email requesting pricing. Maybe I'll disregard.

Please fill me in on their services. What happened?

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: steve parrish

i have been using the on line scheduler for a while now but just like anything new you have to adjust to it by giving it time.my older clients like the personal touch,on the other hand my new and up and coming agents love it, its the future ,dont be left behind. over the holidays i went out of town and out of range i set my scheduler for when im out of town so you cant schedule for those days. im out of town and my webscheduler is hard at work, i message my clients im out of town but if you want a inspection schedule right now go to my wed site and take 5 minutes to schedule right now. what do you know when i get back i didnt lose any inspections ,even a couple of my older agents used it and was surprised how easy and professional it was.

good things take time

steve parrish

--
its hard to teach old dogs new tricks. but that the new way. my new and up coming agents love it, when im out of town and out of range my scheduler is on duty taking those calls that i could have missed, times are changing dont be left behind

Originally Posted By: Christian

Greg:

I too would be interested to know what your issues were/are with 24-7.
I have found it to be a great addition to my website, and has made scheduling easier. I also schedule two ways; personally over the phone, or advise the client via my website to 24-7. If I take an order personally, I book it online through my website myself after the fact. Then, it will automatically confirm with the agents/buyers, and remind them two days before the inspection. It also reminds them to bring the $$$!! Also, they can view/print and sign my Inspection Agreement. The buyers/agents seem to like the fact that they can 'see my schedule' in real time. It makes them feel like they have some secret look into my life I guess?!Check out my site if you like, and see how I have it set up. www.HomeCheckInspections.net (Or if anyone is curious)

Christian

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Greg,

Thank you for sharing your past experience with 24-7. I'm withdrawing attempts of utilizing this software.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

am considering online scheduling…I see the writeups on 24-7…I was wondering if there were any others out there…Jeff, how did the beta system work for you?

Originally Posted By: pkrzemien

The realtors we work with know our inspection times. We have a slot for morning and afternoon although we will make an exception if we have a productive relationship with the particular agent. We have considered 24/7 but we too like to speak with any potential clients before booking. There have been a few that, after speaking with them, we suddenly decided our schedule was full. Can’t be afraid to walk away from one if it doesn’t feel right. It might just save you a whole lot of aggravation later on. When we receive a call in the field we politely inform the potential client that we’re conducting an inspection and we’ll call them back and give them a time estimate. We still book about 95% of the calls.