What gives?

Just a little disturbed……:neutral:

Within the last month or so I have become a member in NACHI and have been going through the message board, following the threads and conversations. I have to say that the wealth of information and training resources that are readily available on this site is awesome! I have learnt a lot even over the short time I have been here.

The one topic that seems to have been talked about at-nausium is the National certification program which is apparently being administered by the apparent “self appointed” prophets of the home inspection industry in Canada – CAPHI. Perhaps someone can enlighten me here a little by answering a few questions……

1. Am I right to assume that under this National Certification Program, if an inspector does NOT have the what? 200 or so home inspections under their belt that they will not qualify for certification?

2. If so, where would that leave us so-called “unqualified” inspectors?

3. Again, if so, would this not signal the death-knell of home inspection organizations like NACHI?

The education, hands-on-training and support I have received so far has been tremendous and second-to-none IMHO. It has been time and money well spent. Learning about the push to implement the National Certification process and force inspectors of all associations to conform to CAPHI’s standards disturbs me a little.

Should not organizations like CHMC and the government include ALL legitimate HI associations like NACHI in this process?

Calvin Bailey
NACHI member

Too bad Calvin you missed a great Mould course recently .
There is an electrical course comming and soon a Toronto meeting.
Come and meet some great inspectors.
In may there will be a chnce a muck learning at a reasonable cost.
Unfortunatuly there is some who are trying to destroy NACHI .
If you can see past them You will continue learn.
If you have any questions at any time please call I will do my best to help you .
613-475-1144
Not today have a big inspection .
Roy Cooke… Royshomeinspection.com

Bill Mullen

Calvin

Thats sure funny. Mr. Mullen has been on record numerous times on his self administered site the CANUCK Forum and other venues talking out of both sides of his cavern. For instances just last year before the OAHI-CAHPI conference in Niagara Falls Mr. Mullen was running around telling everyone that NACHI would be irrelevent after the conference. Well a year later here we are all, and everyone is doing fine, and Nachi is growing. Mean while the National has stumbled thanks to Bill being unable to tell a straight story or adding a boastful nature to the story to bolster his own bragging abilities.

Contraryly the National is to be self sustaining. Needless to say without appropriate numbers to partake it won’t be self sustaining. Economics will bare that out. Just wait, if no one applies watch how fast the price comes down from $1100. Economics 101.

Originally Posted by cbailey1 Just a little disturbed……:neutral:

Within the last month or so I have become a member in NACHI and have been going through the message board, following the threads and conversations. I have to say that the wealth of information and training resources that are readily available on this site is awesome! I have learnt a lot even over the short time I have been here.

The one topic that seems to have been talked about at-nausium is the National certification program which is apparently being administered by the apparent “self appointed” prophets of the home inspection industry in Canada – CAPHI. CAHPI Perhaps someone can enlighten me here a little by answering a few questions……

1. Am I right to assume that under this National Certification Program, if an inspector does NOT have the what? 200 or so home inspections under their belt that they will not qualify for certification? The minimum number of inspections is 150 THAT MEANS, CALVIN, THAT IN ORDER TO BE A MEMBER OF THE ‘CLUB’ YOU HAVE TO GO OUT AND SUBJECT 150 OF YOUR CLIENTS TO ‘UNQUALIFIED’ INSPECTIONS BEFORE CAPHI WILL EVEN LOOK AT YOU.

2. If so, where would that leave us so-called “unqualified” inspectors? You could still be 'in the stream working towards that number. IT LEAVES YOU ON THE OUTSIDE OF A VERY SMALL CLUB OF ‘OLD BOYS’ . NOT TO WORRY THOUGH AS THIS NATIONAL PROGRAMME NEEDS THE ACCEPTANCE OF MOST HOME INSPECTORS TO SUCCEED AND IT DOESN’T HAVE IT.

3. Again, if so, would this not signal the death-knell of home inspection organizations like NACHI? No. The certification is voluntary. Nobody is forced to take it and the intent is not to eliminate other associations. The program would be much more complete and it would be much easier for all inspectors to seek certification if all associations cooperated by having the Certification Program’s requirements compared to theirs. AS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE CAPHI PROGRAMME ARE QUESTIONALB LE AT BEST AND APPEAR TO BE LOWER THAN SOME OTHER ORG’S IT APPEARS THAT THE PROGRAMME IS DOOMED. BEING ‘VOLUNTARY’ IT IS A WONDER WHY ANY INSPECTOR WOULD SUBJECT THEMSELVES TO THE ANAL EXAM PRESCIRBED BY THE ‘GOOD OLD BOYS’ IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The education, hands-on-training and support I have received so far has been tremendous and second-to-none IMHO. It has been time and money well spent. Learning about the push to implement the National Certification process and force inspectors of all associations to conform to CAPHI’s standards disturbs me a little.

Should not organizations like CHMC and the government include ALL legitimate HI associations like NACHI in this process? CAHPI invited NACHI to participate more than a year ago and its leaders decided not to. The offer was made and the offer was refused. NACHI MEMBERS WANTED TO BE INVOLVED IN THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME FROM THE START. CAPHI CHOSE TO MAKE THE OFFER AFTER THAT PHASE OF THE PROGRAMME WAS COMPLETE. THEIR OFFER WAS " YOU MAY JOIN CAPHI AND SUBMIT YOURSELVES TO US!" THAT IS NOT AN OFFER THAT WELCOMED ANYONE ESPECIALLY MEMBERS OF NACHI WHO HAVE BEEN REGULARLY ATTACKED BY MR. MULLEN AND HIS ASSOCIATES FOR YEARS. DON’T WORRY CALVIN, LIKE YESTERDAYS SUPPER “THIS TOO SHALL PASS!”:mrgreen:

</IMG></IMG>

George

Very good replies, you forgot one major problem. That is all the players at the top appointed themselves and their buddies to the program at the executive level. Then they all got together and approved one another as being Nationally Certified.

As with OAHI, CAHPI needs to be reviewed by outside parties, but that won’t happen because it is another Self Regulating body answering to itself so that bodies can be buried without anyone being any of the wiser.

Yah no George what is even stranger is I wrote to the Consultants that CAHPI hired, and asked them some specific questions, and even asked them to include other organizations in their work. Guess what no answer no reply!

Personally I find it rather strange that the only two people we EVER hear from are Claude and Bill. WHERE IS Mr. Mike Guihan the President?

Sorry both Claude and Bill have conflicts of interest in all of this, its time to send someone with the facts and the balls to let the real info flow. I am not sure there is anyone in CAHPI who is competent to do that, considering the make up of the BOD.

Maybe they were warned your an idiot? Maybe someone forwarded all your childish posts from this forum to them and they came to that conclusion all on their own. :roll:

Maybe he was warned your an idiot? Maybe someone forwarded all your childish posts from this forum to him and he came to that conclusion all on his own. :roll:

The main thing here is you are finally recognizing that you are not sure of anything. We’ve known it for years but it’s good to hear you coming to terms with it.

As for them sending someone over with the facts, you and Roy would only twist those facts into lies and distortions like you have with Bill and Claude, and then ruin any chance of the professional home inspectors here getting the information they want and need. You and Roy do it every time, so there’s simply no reason not to think you’ll continue doing it in the future. At this point CAHPI would be crazy to waste five seconds informing NACHI, unless you two were banned from the discussions.

Norm :wink:

Dave

Can you show me in the by-laws of OAHI where all this CAHP/National stuff has been approved or the by-laws changed to accomodate all this National stuff?

I don’t think Bill wants to provide any information here for fear smarter people then you or him will find fault. That is why he now says email him for the info. The info that was compiled with taxpayers money.

Dave when you can add something substantial to the arguement please come back with Wendy.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does “in the stream” mean to CAHPI? Does it mean that those who do not meet the “certification” standards (ie: having performed the required 150 inspections and submission to so-called monitoring) can still conduct inspections and claim alliance with CAHPI?

If the certification is voluntary, why is this specific National Certification program touted in REM (Real Estate Magazine - http://remonline.com/rem/home.aspx?newsite=1) as the only real legitimate way to ensure an inspectors qualifications? That doesn’t sound to voluntary to me. Kinda sounds like…"Its voluntary, but if you want to make it in this profession, you will end up submitting your self to our National certification standards or risk having your business excluded from promotion by CAHPI… Doesn’t sound like much of a choice to me. Sounds like blackmail, threat and coercion.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not trying to be difficult or antagonistic - just trying to get some real answers.

Calvin

One cannot claim alligance to CAHPI per se as CAHPI is the National body for the provincial associations. You must belong to the provincial association first. For instance you live in Ontario so you would have to become a member of OAHI.

As to REM unfortunately, and this is only my view, those in Ontario who are members of OAHI usurp the National certification. So someone has been out miss selling the trueness of the whole program. This National Cert. is voluntary, lets make that absolutely clear. For CAHPI/National to be selling this as a defacto standard is hogwash. Its just another self regulating body setting it self up as a standard, appointing its own, to oversee its own.

Yes its being promoted as the be all and end all and organizations like REM, CREA and others have seemingly been sold something that has no legality per se as its not backed up by licencing or legislation.

Your questions/concerns are very realistic and appreciated. I don’t think anyone sees them as antagnostic because others have the same concerns and see it as you do a scheme that is restrictive to ones livelihood.

The only choice is to remain on the sidelines, thus forcing the price down. Lets be realistic do you really think everyone in OAHI who is an RHI or Assoc. is going to run out and get certified? Not.

Also keep in mind there are two camps in OAHI, one camp supports CAHPI and the National and a group who do not support any of it. That is why OAHI is trying to lobby the government for licencing in Ontario so that CAHPI and its groupees will be locked out. If licencing happens in Ontario the National and any other association becomes redundant.

Aren’t you glad you asked. Why do you think OAHI is so keen to use any methods to shut down anyone who does not tow the party line?

Cheers, thanks for speaking up!

Calvin:

Before you consider the comments of Raymond Wand, it’s probably not a bad idea to know the guy behind them.

** Here’everything you need to know about Raymond Wand:**** Raymond’s Embarrassing Track Record:**

1. Raymond Wand was once the Chair of OAHI’s Ethics Committee: But Raymond was booted off because of unethical behavior. I won’t go into the details because the police are still investigating and charges might be laid. :oops:

2. Raymond Wand ran for a position on the OAHI Board and lost by a landslide because the membership see him as someone without any ethics or credibility. :oops:

3. Raymond Wand has lied to OAHI about being retired for the past two years. :oops:

4. Raymond Wand misrepresents himself on his web site by claiming he is an RHI when in fact he is not. :oops:

5. Raymond Wand complains daily about how bad OAHI and CAHPI is but is now begging them to have his Retired RHI status upgrade to full RHI. Can you say hypocritical? :oops:

6. Raymond Wand and his sidekick Roy Cooke Sr are instrumental in preventing NACHI members from getting the right information they want and need about the national certification program. :oops:

7. Raymond Wand has posted under no less than 10 false names and is presently posting under at least three. :oops:

8. Raymond Wand flipped out and threw a major hissy fit when he couldn’t get his way with Nick and quit NACHI and immediately started attacking NACHI on the InspectorNews BB. :|.):oops:
    Raymond Wand, Record Holder:

9. Raymond Wand is one of only two people ever to be removed from a committee in OAHI in its very long history. :oops:

10. Raymond Wand holds the record for most complaint against a member in OAHI. :oops:

11. Raymond Wand holds the record for being suspended from the OAHI BB more times than any other person in OAHI’s history. :oops:

12. Raymond Wand was the first person given a LIFETIME BAN from the Canuck BB, and is only one of three ever kicked off that BB. Roy Cooke Sr was the second one banned. :oops:

13. Raymond Wand is the first person on this forum to suggest that a female member deserves to be assaulted.
    Basically, Raymond Wand is a frigging embarrassment of monumental proportion to NACHI and the home inspection industry. His mum must be proud of her little girl. :|.) :oops:

If I were you I wouldn’t believe a word out of Raymond’s mouth, and whatever you do don’t turn your back on him for a moment.

Norm :wink:

Calvin

I trust you will find the info informative. I am sorry Dave Bottoms is coming on this thread and screwing around, he hasn’t help me present CAHPI in the best light.

Bill

Calvin:

The above message was not from me as you can see. Unfortunately, it was Mr. Wand purposely mocking you and trying to mislead you.

Bill Mullen

Calvin

Mr. Mullen is a liar. Claims he knows who Billy Mullen is. I think he has beginning to believe his architect in crime Dave Bottoms.

The fact is Mr. Mullen will not post this info because he is afraid it will be picked to pieces by Mr. Wand and others.

We should all be concerned that Bill Mullen is the last person to be promoting something considering his performance here on this board.

Enjoy the read, if you have more questions be sure to ask.

Bill

Calvin

Mr. Mullen is a liar. Claims he knows who Billy Mullen is. I think he is beginning to believe his architect in crime Dave Bottoms.

The fact is Mr. Mullen will not post this info because he is afraid it will be picked to pieces by Mr. Wand and others. To be honest this is the real McCoy document.

We should all be concerned that Bill Mullen is the last person to be promoting something considering his performance here on this board and his propensity to be overly overt in his boastfulness. It has got him into trouble so many times, just like insurance and the pre-delivery inspections he spoke so glowingly about. Remember Whistler?

Enjoy the read, if you have more questions be sure to ask.

Bill

Raymond(Billy) is sick man. Please get him some help. His multiple personalities are getting out of control. His grip on reality is gone.

Dave I think you have fudged to many names to be taken seriously. Gil sure has one up on you. He is staying out of it.

Anyway I enjoy your postulations as to who the posters are. I see you’ve got Bill convinced too. You can fool all of the people sometimes but you can’t fool everyone all the time. Just like the National is not fooling anyone. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cover letter for your info

George opined…,

I have just the fix for that. Its called, soap-on-a-rope! :wink: :shock: :roll: