What is the best budget HI software for beginners in 2022?

Wow! Thank you Nick, I didn’t know that. That offer can’t be seen without the given link. I will contact them to get an insight of the mobile service.
I appreciate the information.

If an InterNACHI is spending money, he/she should probably contact me. They are making a mistake. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Nick,
Does Horizon have any special price for InterNACHI?

I concur with D Bret Burrows.

1 Like

I’d give Home Gauge a try. I’ve been using it for many years as well. The mobile app is very good and stable. One thing to remember is that I’ve talked to Inspectors that stay with the software that they started with because it is such a pain to switch. So, I would stick with trying companies that have been around for a while. I’ve never had the system crash. I use Kenton’s narratives with some editing to the comments and they work very well. Good luck with your new business.

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your opinion. You guys at this forum are awesome, I feel good vibes on every comment.
Well, I bought the $1 plan today, but that plan for InterNachi members is good for the “Web Writer” only. I think I’ll have to buy the 90-days promotion to get access to all the functionalities before giving up.

1 Like

I use HG Companion everyday. Works great with Desktop. Saves a lot of time. All photos taken with phone/Companion corresponding with section of report.

Not a fan of HG Web Writer. It needs a LOT of work. Very few HG users have switched from the Desktop version to Web Writer.

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback Chris. I have read before they were not doing so well with the Florida Wind Mitigation report, but that post is old, perhaps they have improved that template already.
I am taking the 90% OFF offer for 3/mo now to check it out.
Thank you

Just know that the web writer and desktop versions are completely different.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that. I’m not going with the Web Writer anyway, its mobile app is available for iOS users only. TY

One thing I know for sure, with all of the hours and hours that go into learning your software and creating a great template, you don’t want to start off with something “cheap” thinking you will upgrade later. You will regret that decision when you decide it is time to upgrade and realize you have to go through the whole process again.

I would focus more on the quality, needed functionality, and ease-of-use that suits you, rather than the price. The top 3 or 4 software options available are very closely priced when comparing apples to apples. Find the one you like best and don’t fret the few extra dollars.

7 Likes

Thank you Ryan, and you are 100% right. migrating from one to another its always a nightmare, but not always expensive means user friendly. I believe that HomeGauge might meet most of the qualities I am looking for. I am playing with it now to know it better. If I find more pros than cons, I will stick to it.

2 Likes

Something you might want to keep in mind is the support service of the software as you get started. I have used HomeGauge for 7 years and they have been awesome helping me solve issues that arise…99% user error for sure. As you start out you’ll have questions and they are there to help. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yes, I have felt that level of service since the moment I bought and installed the system because I called them just after that. Thank you for the advice Jim.
Do you use HG Companion?

I have used it on an iPad. There’s a learning curve. The actual inspection takes a little longer but the pictures are in the right category and the time to do the report is much quicker. Once you build a library of comments, you can add those in while doing the inspection as well. I had trouble seeing the screen in the sun as my transitional glasses darkened…again user error. A younger inspector in town uses HG Companion and loves it.

Jim Mullen

270-392-1158

3608D290A89B4CD5856D0726297A24B2.jpg

1 Like

Hey Michael,

You can load the internachi narratives with the Elite/yearly plan or the Bulk Reports Plan. There is an internachi discount for the year plan, but the Bulk Reports plan makes more sense for inspectors starting out because the report credits don’t expire. This way even if it takes more than 2 years to use 25 reports for $150, you haven’t lost any money for software. The monthly or yearly plan is best when you know you’re consistently getting 3 or more jobs a week. Also, since you’re in Florida, one report applies to all 3 inspection types. In other words, if a customer orders a 4-Point, wind-mit and home inspection, that’s just one report credit. Wishing you much success in your new business…

Aaron Johnson
Spectacular Inspection System
info@spectacularapp.com

1 Like

Thank you Aaron, I appreciate the guidance and information and I really like the system too. I am still collecting experiences from a few systems including Spectacular. Whether I have any question, I will reach out to the email below your signature.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hi Michael,

No my templates are $159.99 and I don’t have a monthly plan but I do have a 90-day free replacement or substitution policy