what now?

Originally Posted By: Ron Ragsdale
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just passed the inspectors test online. So what does this mean? am I now ready to go inspecting?

Originally Posted By: jbehling

I smell a set up icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: jpope

jbehling wrote:
I smell a set up ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Let's see.

Ron,

Passing the online test does not qualify you to perform inspections. It does however, imply that you may have the basic knowledge necessary to pursue a career in home inspection.

Your next step would be to look into some training through a reputable facility followed by purchasing of tools and report software.

Let us know when you have done all of this and maybe we can help guide you through the process.

Good luck.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Ron, you should first research the laws in your state and/or region. Next you should form a legal company or search for employment. Oh, and see terms to actually join NACHI, make sure you can meet the expected level of the SOP’s. Finally I would suggest you do take a class to at least show you the proper ways to inspect. If you chose not to do this, at the least you should find a few books to read up on.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: psisler

Ron,

Congrats on passing the exam. I agree strongly with Jeffrey and Daniel on their comments to you. It is imperative that you find an accredited form of instruction that will give you the ammunition you need to get on the road to being a Certified Home Inspector. NACHI would be a great place to start. The membership alone has the greatest expanse of wealth concerning our industry than any other I have found. Go through and check the site out (all of it).

You will not find a better place to hang your hat and receive quality training and experience.

Good Luck in your endeavors,

Patrick M. Sisler
Alta Sierra Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: mbartels

Good luck Don!

sorry

Ron!

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground