Whatever happened to that NCP thing in Canada?

Roy, all NHIs are listed here http://www.nationalhomeinspector.org/NHIbook2.pdf

Most of the information is posted on the website.

The list is updated 3 to 4 times per year.
http://www.nationalhomeinspector.org/NHIbook3.pdf

Registrants may opt out so the list does not reflect the full complement of NHI’s.

Thanks for your interest…

Sounds like Bill and Marcel are doing the same as always Thumping their chest about how great their group is over all others .

Roy, all NHIs are listed here [http://www.nationalhomeinspector.org/NHIbook2.p](http://www.nationalhomeinspector.org/NHIbook2.pdf)

Questions asked re cost and amount was not answered as per usuall its called evade,evade ,evade .
They sure love to play on words I am sure OAHI using Bills Count is about 5 times as 121
Using the info supplied by YURI above I get 101 NHIs and 20 who are getting trained ??? that comes to 121 .
I am sure NACHI has more members in Southern Ontario the the 121 .
( More Canadian home inspectors now hold a National Home Inspector (NHI) designation than any credential offered by any other Canadian organization. )

Helpful hint to fellow association administrators:

If you offer a lot of member benefits, you’ll have a lot of members.

Roy, an updated list provided by Claude contains more than 200 NHIs. Besides NHICC is NOT an association. So I don’t see a point of comparing it with NACHI.:roll:

I asked questions so we can see what you have and what the cost is and how many members there are .
I wonder why more facts are not supplied ???.
From what I have seen it is a useless money grab with no returns .

As stated before - the fees are on the website. Been there for a long time - but regardless use this link: http://www.nationalhomeinspector.org/NHICCFee11.pdf

The fees vary according to the applicants background and province of practice, and if the applicant is a member of an association holding an administrative agreement with the NHICC. After the initial registration cost - annual maintenance cost is one of the lowest $150 + tax.

There are currently in the range of 300 “official” registrants with the NHICC. As stated before some have opted out of listing their name.

The NHICC does not need to offer benefits because it is not an association, but a certification body. Registrants receive favourable E&O from HUB and we are negotiating a few other perks regarding legal consultation and accreditation.

National Home Inspector Certification Council
2011 FEE STRUCTURE
The NHICC Fee structure is based on providing a sensible, equitable and fair fee for all home inspectors. It does not differentiate between affiliated or non-affiliated inspectors, association membership or lack thereof, thus significantly penalizing an applicant. There are 2 base rates. An inspector is classified as a member of an association with an “Administrative Contract” or not. The “Administrative Contract” provides a reduced administration rate for home inspection members that have achieved such formal acknowledgment with the National Home Inspector Certification Council.
Administrative Contract – refers to a specific home inspection association and its members that are currently recognized under the “Contract” of the National Certification Program. Administrative Contracts must be renewed annually to remain in effect. All administrative contracts are based on terms set by the NHICC. 30 day notices for cancellation applies in cases of default or removal of the contract. Administrative contracts are issued to home inspection associations that can provide verification audit of administrative assurance by our independent consultant. The process validates a high performance level criterion for the certification standard of Can-P-9 or the Institute of Credentialing Excellence. Approximate consultant fee varies depending on the entirety of the application ($800 - $1000).
The “certification and accreditation” verification is decided by two distinct “Councils” representing independent home inspectors along with advisors to assure fairness and accountability in the certification and accreditation process. The certification and accreditation recommendation is forwarded to the NHICC – National Certification Council for review and ratification.
REGISTRATION FOR CERTIFICATION: ANNUAL RATE $300 + HST = $339.00
Registration: (10% less for H.I. Associations – Administrative Contract)
This covers:

1. Background Review
  2. Validation of qualifications and education statements, etc.
  3. Confirmation of experience statements
  4. Report verification
  5. Administration including file, setup, communications, registration
    Transfer – Administrative Fee: $150.00 + HST = $169.50
    Valid for transfers up until September 1, 2011 – (Applied at the discretion of the NHICC)
    National Exam Fee: $150.00 + HST = $169.50
  6. Must be taken by ALL applicants from British Columbia and Alberta (Passing the exam makes it possible for BC licensees to be designated as a “Provisional” )
  7. Applies to ALL other NEW applications after September 1st, 2011
    Test Inspection Fee: $350 + HST = $395.50
  8. May be done after application for Background Review has been processed and the NRB has recommended the individual for a TIPR
  9. Must be completed SUCCESSFULLY before an individual can achieve the NCH-NHI “designation”
    a) Appeal Fee TIPR = $226.00 includes HST
    b) Retake Fee TIPR = #339.00 includes HST
    c) Rescheduling a TIPR without appropriate (7 day prior) notice = $226.00 includes HST
    Annual Maintenance (Renewal) Fee: $150.00 + HST = $169.50
    Accreditation Review Fee: $900 + HST = $1017.00
    Accreditation Renewal Fee for 2 years = $900 + HST = $1017.00

If I may add to above information, a fee reduction of over 33% when renewing (Annual Maintenance) for two years instead of one year is also offered by NHICC:

[FONT=Helvetica][size=2]One year transfer / renewal expiring June 30, 2013 ( 150.00 + hst) 169.50[/size][/FONT]
[size=2][FONT=Helvetica]Two year transfer / renewal expiring June 30, 2014 ( 250.00 + hst) 282.50

[/size][/FONT]

I’m still lost. This thing isn’t mandated or approved by any government, it looks like a lot of self-imposed bureaucracy to go through, it comes with few (if any) benefits… and it costs money?

Why would any inspector pay for that?

Sounds to me like just another scam .

Remember Whistler
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935
Bill has a big anouncement comming soon
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103

I agree and don’t forget they are charging a maintenance fee on top. For what? Now if it was mandated to have this NCH-NHI as a license then I could see it carrying weight.

Maintenance fee is the name used for the annual renewal. There are “conditions” required to “maintain” certification. It is not a lifetime certification.

So once the applicant has paid, and had their background reviewed the annual renewal cost can be as low as $141.25 per year.

It’s the same as any association’s members usually paying a renewal fee to “maintain” membership.

Sounds to me like just another scam .

Remember Whistler
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935
Bill has a big anouncement comming soon
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103

Is OAHI still around? From more than one source, I heard they lost almost all their members (down under 100 members now).

I had heard they could loose 100 members but regardless they are hurting Big time like many other of the **secret Canadian associations **.

Speaking of secrecy I have a feeling they where along for the ride for the big push of more Home Inspectors SCHOOLING in Ontario in hopes of more Home Inspectors turning to OAHI.

I have been told OAHI is in serious financial trouble and is hoping to get a lot of Newbies to pull them out of the hole immediately .

Looks like they might implode so sad I and many others tried big time to help them.
I know I and a few others have the ability to rescue them .
I wonder are they too proud to ask???

I want my money back! :wink:

I just paid an upgrade fee to applicant member and my student member renewal, not to mention the DRRC course I completed and two code courses I have to take soon.

Are they really going under?
Are there really less than 100 members?

What I would like to see is the ridiculous amount of membership levels including a new one they just imposed on a whim reduced, and inspection requirements drastically reduced in order to become an RHI.

Yes, I believe in time served but come on!!! I found 10,000$ in deficiencies an RHI missed in a home inspection for friends of mine, they are no better than I. You can do 1,000 home inspections, does it make you a better inspector than the next?

Michel:

Desigantions, be they RHI,NHI,CMI (I have two) really mean nothing to the consumer.

I’v been doing this since February 2005 , more that 2,500 inspections and I have only been asked once if I was an RHI or NHI.

No one but home inspectore really care.

As for OAHI,it is my opinion that you are wasting your money with them.
They just keep taking your money and provide no return on investment.

Cheers