Where will my Membership renewal $s go?

Originally Posted By: dharris
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I received my renewal form today.

With discussion on this forum the past few days including the one [the fight in az begins] I feel I may be sending my money to the wrong group

On 1 post Nick states that he has nothing against ashi inspectors, just ashi,on another post after Mr Craig bails out on starting a az nachi group Nicks response is OH WELL we’ll start the CMI in az and take all the work away from the other inspectors, As far as I’m concerned the CMI is a joke, there is already a MI program in effect or progress, and besides that I think most of my customers think I’m a DGI [dam good inspector] as 80% of the new business I get is referrals, far more valuable that some fancy title with no value

Now I guess the way to win the fight in az is to use az ashi inspectors against there own members.

Is the money I send in for renewal used to fly Nick across the country to achieve his personal agenda against ashi or will it go to benefit all in the business?
If my money is going to fight against the local ashi group and inspectors that helped and supported me when starting up , this org got the last dollar they will see from me, and if another group asks for my support to fight this battle against nachi, my $s will be sent to them with no regrets

Dan Harris Inspect Az
www.inspectaz.com

Originally Posted By: slanicek

You’ve already received a renewal form? According to your profile you just joined in November of 2003?

The Nov date was the 1st time I signed on as a member

Gotcha! I thought that was a little quick for a renewal notice icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Daniel - Did you go to a HI school in AZ or out of state. Which one did you use?

Dan Bowers

Hi Dan

I did the ITA home study 1st about 4 years ago , then with the Az licensing requirments that a school meets state requirments I went to az suntech for there 160 hr course

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Hi Dan,

I would have paid $289 in cash last week for some of the marketing tips I got from a couple of our NACHI members. Some of the best people I know are ASHI members. Just like here, first class people. I find that I benefit by belonging to both organizations. Strictly a business decision. I try to stay away from occassional conflicts that arise.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

On the schooling subject, for the new guys.

From my experience you will get FAR better training at a HI school verses home study.

Hi Erol

I agree. And there are guys in this org working there butts off trying to set higher standards

On the marketing ,I usually lose 8-10 inspections a month due to being to busy, but if my $s went towards helping other guys with out nachi leadership trying to destroy ashi, I would not have a problem sending in my 289.00

What I find discouraging was that during the [fight for az] topic there were over 1,000 veiws on that subject and 300 on the question of the day

topic.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Dan:

?????? I can't "use" any ASHI inspectors. All these ASHI members that joined NACHI didn't join because I told them to (they don't have to listen to me) or because they care about either association dominating any other (trust me, no one cares about it).

These ASHI members join NACHI for the same reasons most inspectors join NACHI... we're a good association that offers a lot http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm We keep getting better and our future keeps getting brighter. I encourage you to come to our AZ Chapter meeting. I'll pull out all the stops for you ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) .

The main reason we are coming to AZ is because numerous ASHI members have asked us to come... and I aim to please.

Nick

Nick

You are correct about “using” ashi inspectors.

Like I mentioned I am currently a nachi member, after your response regarding the fight az subject to Todd when he questioned about being on a level field,My opinion changed greatly about this org.

With that approach I as a ashi / nachi member will not join nachi on any fight against my fellow ashi members and friends

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

dharris wrote:
Hi Erol
.... but if my $s went towards helping other guys with out nachi leadership trying to destroy ashi, I would not have a problem sending in my 289.00
What I find discouraging was that during the [fight for az] topic there were over 1,000 veiws on that subject and 300 on the question of the day
topic.

Dan:

It is not the intent of NACHI Leadership to destroy ASHI or any other Organization. NACHI and ASHI are both Organizations among several seeking to improve the Industry for Consumers and Home Inspectors. We may differ on our approach and methodology, but I believe we ultimately share common goals.

NACHI thru this website ( http://www.nachi.org ) and the Find-An-Inspector Website ( http://www.findaninspector.us/ ) provide the tools for success in Marketing, Reporting Software, Insurance, Training and Continuing Education. This is something that was unavailable and unheard of only 4 years ago.

Looking back several years ago where contact thru NACHI was limited to a monthly magazine, it was hard to imagine where we would be Today. The only limitation that we have on our growth will be the limitations that we place on ourselves.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Someone just reminded me that I should again remind all:

Part of my job at NACHI is to acquire market share for our membership.

I'll repeat it just to make sure it's understood:

Part of my job at NACHI is to acquire market share for our membership.

Because the number of home inspections performed in AZ or anywhere is roughly a constant, fulfilling my aforementioned duty means taking market share away from non-nachi members. Now of course that's not all we're about... but it is in-small-part, what I'm about. If I can help my members capture market share with seminars or the CMI designation or through REALTORs, or the internet or whatever... I will use what I have at hand. There is no shame in this.

It is my duty.

Nick

PS It is a matter of logic that every job you do is one another inspector doesn't do.

Dan:

I agree with you. I don't want to hurt any ASHI member. I'm ex-ASHI. My only brother is a full ASHI member. Many of our NACHI members, like you are ASHI members.

I do much to help ASHI members.

But make no mistake, ASHI does not reciprocate.

I tried to attend an ASHI meeting a few months ago and was turned away at the door, this despite thousands of ASHI members availing themselves of every chapter meeting, educational seminar, marketing workshop, etc that NACHI has... all free. ASHI members always enjoy our help.

I tried to get on ASHI's message board a few months ago to respond to a non-NACH issue which would have helped many an ASHI member. My request was turned down, this despite thousands of ASHI members availing themselves of our message board...all free. ASHI members always enjoy our help.

Our exam, online education, web-gallery, success tips, etc. are all open and used by many ASHI inspectors...all free. ASHI members always enjoy our help.

Market acquisition aside, it would be difficult for anyone to accuse NACHI of hurting individual ASHI inspectors... hell we're about 1/5th ASHI.

Nick

Today an ASHI member called me about a PR issue he’s having with a REALTOR concerning something that broke during an inspection. I did my best to help.

Today an ASHI member called me to encourage me to get a NACHI chapter going in AZ. And again, I'm going to do my best to help.

Nick

Can I assume that since you are a due paying ASHI member who doesn't want his dues going toward attacks on other associations that you will be resigning from ASHI in the morning?

Nick

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Nick, I doubt you’ll see that any time soon.

As you stated, we do a lot to help ASHI inspectors. Sometimes, ASHI does little to help ASHI inspectors. Look at candidate member status in NEw Jersey. Need I say more?

As to the seemingly relentless attacks NACHI has endured over the years... this is an unfortunate truth. Make no mistake.

So, to Dan... the truth about NACHI was there to see from the get-go. Did you believe that there was no need for a NACHI chapter to start in a town near you? Did you think that Nick would not be coming down to help bolster membership? Are you upset at the notion of any of this happening?

You state that the CMI designation is a joke. I have to disagree with you there, bud. CMI will be real, and available to any inspector who may want it. Its an achievement, and a marketing tool. It may turn out to be less of a joke than ASHI branding. At least our members will know where their membership fees are going.

And, finally... were you ever genuinely interested in this org more than for getting an inside track on things, for that "other" organization? Since ASHI is the only game in town, we can expect a number of ASHI guys to join. Maybe they'll feel their membership fees were worth the investment. You get a lot for $289. You see a minor scuffle regarding your primary org, and you are ready to condemn us. I'm sorry, but when I see this reaction, in an ASHI dominated area, by an experienced inspector... well, let's just say that something's rotten in Denmark. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

As to your initial question regarding renewal fees, I trust you asked similar questions of ASHI, when they demanded payment for that, oh so non-descript effort known to us all as "The ASHI Experience". Based upon your stance regarding accountability of funds in THIS org, I imagine that your next correspondence will be to ASHI, regarding the use of funds for "branding"

Good luck to you, Dan. BTW... are you the local ASHI police? Are you an instructor at a home inspection training school?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

I think I recall a couple years back…

NACHI was once a "joke", that was thousands of members ago.

NACHI's feeble attempt to form local chapters was once a "joke", that was http://www.nachi.org/events.htm ago.

NACH's site was once a "joke", that was 30 million hits http://www.nachi.org/stats.htm and 3,800 pages ago.

NACHI's 3 line long member benefit list was once a "joke", that was http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm ago.

NACHI's message board was once a "joke", that was 31,000 posts ago.

The only reason anyone even knows about CMI is because we discuss projects out in the open when in their infancy. And now some say CMI is a "joke." It might be, but the punch line ain't gonna be too funny for some.

I'm devoting my life to keeping the NACHI jokes coming. Call me Chris Rock ... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Nick

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Daniel -

I get asked a lot from guys out west about SunTech compared to ITA. I know that ITA can vary a lot depending on which instructor you get, but they have a power point presentation that some of their instructors say all of their people use, that is simple enough to follow that a 1 year veteran inspector can moderate and lead you through the class.

Alan over at SunTech doesn't think anyone can do a HI unless its done on a computer and if you're not ASHI you don't exist. I've heard that they're all good instructors in their own way. How do they stack up to you?

Whats the pros and cons of each?

Dan Bowers

gromicko wrote:
Call me Chris Rock ... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Nick

You betta recognize!!

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)