Why I post

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I know that my posts offend some. They are to provide info and not to be judgmental.

This is an example of why I want you to be careful:

http://www.mikeholt.com/codeforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000625;p=1#000001

I do not want to see you there.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Mike,

It looks to me like they have found a scape goat for this one and they are not going to let it go very easily. I certainly would hope that no one ever has to cope with the death of a child but to lay blame before you have anything but those vague types of interpretations is more damaging than the stereotypical attitudes of the papers that print them.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Mike,

You are an arrogant cuss just like many of the rest of us ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) here. Your posts are informative and appreciated. Keep 'em coming.

I echo Joe's statement. I can't imagine the pain of losing one of my children, and my heart goes out to the family. That said, whenever the media gets ahold of a situation like this, there will always be a knee jerk reaction from the government or court.

I hope those guys have good lawyers.

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Very sad story. Whats also sad are the number of people and family members killed each year by home fire caused by electrical problems. Keep learning, and doing the best possible job of helping to protect your clients safety, and the safety of their family.

Mike ... I don't seem to recall you offending anyone, even though you are blunt sometimes. Discussion, as well as disagreement and debate on a professional level, are all part of the learning process ... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Mike,

My skin (and skull) are pretty thick. You're not offending anyone. You post with conviction and knowledge. Sometimes we agree and sometimes we disagree.

The only folks who offend me on this board are those imposters, hiding behind made-up names and posting with an agenda. You are not one of those. You have the balls and conviction to dish it and take it. You're always welcome here...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Mike,

Your posts are educational, we all learn from each other. Swat us 'upside the head with a 2x4' whenever we need it, and you know we need it sometimes ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) ... just be ready to duck when we swat back!

Keep the information coming.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Jerry

Hmmm. I remember that you told me NOT to use a 2X4. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

I am still heating up that post (the link above).

Mike P.

I should have responded to these before:

"You are an arrogant cuss"

YES

"even though you are blunt sometimes"

YES

"You have the balls and conviction to dish it and take it"

YES

I like this internet thing however, my written stills are not as good as my verbal skills. Remember the saying "He could sell ice cubes to Eskimos"?

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: Bob Badger

jfarsetta wrote:
The only folks who offend me on this board are those imposters, hiding behind made-up names and posting with an agenda.

That is frustrating and you have to wonder what drives these people to do this. ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif)

My real name has always been available at all the electrical forums I am active in.

Dial 1-800-742-7240 x395, that is my voice mail box at work, you can verify my name and employment.

--
Bob (AKA iwire)
ECN Discussion Forums
Mike Holt Code Forum

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Bob,

Much as my dear freind Joe F is a pain in the a$% much of the time I know without doubt that the quote of his was not aimed at you, but at a bunch on "users" involved in another topic on the board, and I'm quite sure that when he see's your post he will agree with my comments.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Yes indeed… my friend “Ivor”… may he rest in pieces…

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Bob Badger

gbeaumont wrote:
Hi Bob,

Much as my dear freind Joe F is a pain in the <b>a$%</b> much of the time I know without doubt that the quote of his was not aimed at you,

I did not take it that way, ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) I just hate bull*hiters.

They need to get a life.

I can be a PITA myself.

Bob

--
Bob (AKA iwire)
ECN Discussion Forums
Mike Holt Code Forum

Originally Posted By: rpierson

Well, if it isn’t Mike Parks!

You pull any of your s#!t in this board mike, and I will personally deal with you!

I have not forgotton the s#!t you pulled on the other site!

And if you can not show respect for others, don't post!

Randy

Yes it is a small world.

You are not the only one that I have challenged due to the claims that they have made regarding their qualifications.

For your info I did not contact ASHI or anyone else.

I just put it on the "net"(forum).

If you feel the need to come after me, so be it.

BTW: Do you have the qualifications that you claimed to have (per the deleted post from another site)?

If you do there was no foul. But since you are so pissed at me, I must have hit a nerve.

Mike P.

It’s not the qualifications Mike! I know who I am! Like I said, I have been doing this awhile!

It is the simple fact that people like you only enjoy knocking everyone else!

Can you honestly say that you don't tear apart someone's post for simple things like terminology? or Usage? I have seen several of your posts in other forums were you do just that. Go there and have your ego inflated!

I have read posts where all you guys do is get into a pissing contest about terminology! We are Home Inspectors - Generalists, Not Electricians like you!

Could you for once, just reply with respect? We are all trying to do a professional job, or we wouldn't waste or time here.

Randy

You and MANY others can not here the "tone" of our voices.

My written skills suck and I have tried to explain this before.

My posts are to keep the "average" HI from saying things they see here as gospel.

There are two individuals (both of whom I respect) starting to "piss" on each other because they are talking past each other. AND their posts are to damn long. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

I will start from anew with you. OK?

Mike P.

OK!

No hard feelings Mike!

See ya'Round!

Originally Posted By: Ed Griffin

Mike and Others,

I am here to learn. I am open to everyone’s advice and appreciate your input. This message board is a great resource. Even reading questions from everyone else has been beneficial. I, too, am thick skinned and can handle critisism.

Thanks

I guess our hormones get out of control sometimes.???

Maybe we should be more like women, with feelings. NOT.

Mike P.

PS The women who read this, I think you are smarter than us so do not bash me.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Yes, HIs are generalists and use common terminology, however, “common terminology” is not always the same around the country, nor does it always mean the same thing to everyone.

That is why we "correct" each other on terminology.

I say toe-may-toe, you say tah-mot-oh. Or something like that. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida