Wind Mit Form

John while you are up. I had a fellow inspector send me this see below: What is your opinion? I have been looking at stickers and trying to look it up thru product approval but I know there will be times when I just find large missile approved and that is it.

how are you handling the new windstorm form? What are you using as proof that the shutters meet the ASTM or TAS standards? This will be a big issue when we have a hurricane and an inspector has signed off that it meets the standard.

It seems to me that the this form will not be with us long. It’s designed to make the discounts harder to come by. People will complain and the politician will get involved(again).

John I just checked out you site you have some awesome stuff there . Especially the do it yourself stuff in your helpful link section. Great job I would like to post simular links if you don’t mind. I don’t want you to feel like I am steeling you Idea so I am asking permission to do some simular stuff. I just would like to post some links to some of the same stuff you are " the help full link stuff"I will not copy any of your original stuff.

I hope you are right.

John,
you sample 4 point link is not working. http://honorconstruction.com/fourpoint.html

You may copy or duplicate anything you like, most are not my originals anyway :wink:

I will require they give me the paperwork.

worked for me I am redoing it anyway

I was just checking it out to see how yours compared to mine and it did not work for me. Do you do it all yourself? If so great professional looking site.

Yep I think if I cannot prove it and they cannot prove it it will cause some bad feelings but what choice do we have. no proof no credit. The line I get is I thought you were the inspector and could tell by looking at it. I bet you have heard that one.

Did it myself, but it still has a few things to work on.

All those that asked for the form, it has been sent. Best of luck.

Thank you, John.

Hi Mr. Meeker,

I started using the new form as soon as the OIR posted the effective rule date for the 21st. Regardless of what Citizens has posted the carriers are required to accept the new form on the 21st of April. They can still choose to take the old form if they wish but they cannot reject a new form.

I currently have not adjusted my prices but I am seriously considering.

I cover Hillsborough, Pinellas, Parts of Polk and parts of Pasco county.

I AGREE THEY MUST ALL ACCEPT IT. I do 2 pages cheaper than 4. if there agent allows they can save a little money.

For those of you using the “fillable” form; how are you dealing with the homeowners signature? since the form hints that it should be signed at the time of inspection.

Thanks!

I take a whole form with me. Only the last signature page is filled in with my Info. I write all over the form, take notes etc. I have the home owner sign the final page.
When I get to the office, I go through the form and my pics. While completing pages 1-3 on the fillable form. Print pages 1-3, initial, add page 4, sign, scan and send to agent and home owner. BING BANG BAM

New and improved form for those that did not buy the one with photos

Hey John,
You say new and improved. Were you commenting on the form as a whole or the PDF you created?
Is this version different from the one you so kindly provided earlier?

The latest is inside http://www.nachi.org/wind-mitigation-inspection-course.htm

Ben, I didnt see anything regarding the roof covering, ie; date of installation and fbc/sfbc adherence and the testing protocol listed below on question #2. Is there any clarification for this section?