Wind Mitigation Amended Report

I completed a wind mitigation for a client last month on a fully renovated A-Frame home with no attic access. Due to the lack of attic access, I was obviously unable to check roof-to-wall connections and appropriately marked “no attic access” and moved on.

I received an email from that client today stating she spoke with her insurance rep who asked her if the contractor installed hurricane clips, and she received three images that the contractor took doing the renovation took that shows hurricane clips (seen here: https://imgur.com/a/1s9zxmQ ) She’s asking that I amend the wind mitigation report to reflect that they are installed and include those pictures in the report. She also wrote in the email to me that insurance “also mentioned the “no attic access” is throwing the insurance companies off and should be marked “unknown or unidentified” since it does not have an attic to access.”

I’m hesitant to do this because I can’t personally verify it (and document it myself) to report on it. I’m also newer at doing these so I guess I’m second guessing myself and wondering if this would be acceptable for me to do. I’m thinking not, but wanted to hear some opinions.

Thoughts?

Here is a clip from my home. Just kidding, my home does not have clips…Just saying :wink:

Is there an attic or not?
If not, I would select unknown.

I see clips in the pic. The insurance carrier may not accept it 'cause it’s not a closeup showing the nails.

ps… NOTHING annoys me more that an insurance agent telling/dictating what the form will say. It’s waaaaay beyond their level/authority.

Thanks all. I guess I rushed to make this post since I had previous issues with this client when I found multiple plumbing issues on the 4PT and she wasn’t happy I had to come out to reinspect (even though I didn’t even charge her for the reinspection). Shes been pretty frustrating.

I made it clear to her that the photos aren’t good enough to show proper nailing for me to verify and document it. I encouraged her to get the contractor to write a letter on company letterhead certifying the method of installation of all the clips and offered to include that with the report when she had it in hand.

1 Like