wood stove certifications

What is WWT certification and is it somthing I need as an inspector?
Thanks Robert in California

Hi Robert,

I’m not familiar with WWT, maybe WETT? http://www.wettinc.ca/ I’m not aware of this certification is lower 48, I am familiar with CSIA http://www.csia.org/ NFPA and similar. Call a local and reputable Chimney Pro in your area and ask about credentials in your area!

When dealing with Fireplace inspections, I try to inform customers about my inspection and that Level 2 Inspections are encourage at transfer of sale for Wood/Fuel Burning Fireplaces

From Chimney Safety Institute of America http://www.csia.org/homeowner-resources/chimney_inspections.aspx