Woot!

Originally Posted By: Peter Foxe Smothers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Just took and passed the National Home Inspector exam as required by Louisiana requirements for licensing. That was easy, I definitely worried to much about that test. Now just to finish up my 30 hours of infield training an I will be licensed. Pats self on back! icon_biggrin.gif

Foxe Smothers

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Peter,

congratulations on passing NHIE, I think many people worry about taking state licensing exams unneccesarily, NHIE while it is used as the bench mark for licensing in some states is really not that tough, and any inspector with either experience or good training (preferably a bit of both) should be able to pass without too much trouble. Having said that a fair ammount of apprehension is not a bad thing as it does focus you on studying prior to taking it.

Do me a favor Peter and take our new beta test exam and let me know how you fared, it will be interesting to see your comments having just passed NHIE.

Good luck

http://exams.nachi.org/exambeta/

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Congratulations!!!Welcome to the world of poor starving inspectors!! icon_biggrin.gif

I took and passed on my first attempt, but did not see it as "easy" by any means.
The questions, of which all answers were correct and one was "more correct" than the rest, really had me nervous.
I liked the exam, however the drawings really left alot to be desired.

The multiple same questions, just asked differently, honestly helped me, since I was able to go back and change some answers.

I'm still on the bubble about taking Gerry's exam. I am afraid I may not pass...not sure exactly what that may tell me, as there are not enough takers of the exam to warrant a pass/fail curve. Some questions may be written in a way that makes you scratch your head wondering what it's really asking. Was there a panel of inspectors that reviewed each question?
Gerry, are you still tweaking the exam and that's why you are asking for volunteers or is this it? Is there a place to critique the exam after?

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Hi to all,

Kevin stop worrying about it and have a go at it ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

the exam has now been taken over a 100 times, and yes I am still tweaking it based on the results, the exam questions were all gone through by the full test panel, any comments about it can be directed to me via e-mail or PM or on the board.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: Peter Foxe Smothers

Gerry-

Just finished taking your Beta exam. I bit harder then the national test. I frown when I say that I failed it with a 68%. It was also much harder in my eyes then the NACHI exam which I took and aced on the first try months ago. My weak points in the red were environmental with 22%, structural with 48%, and ventilation & insulation with 48%. During my 90 hours of classroom time that I took we did not even touch on environmental in the lectures or the books. I had to totally guess on those. Some of the structural questions were also a little hard for me. Mim/Max joist size, column size etc were not covered in the textbook we used. I have not a clue why I did poorly on the ventilation/insulation portion. I thought most of those questions were pretty straight forward and I took the test without using notes or a book. I did think it was all and all a good test that made me think. If you would like any other feed back fell free to contact me.

Foxe Smothers

Originally Posted By: cradan

Boy, I’d sure like to take a spin on the Beta. Unfortunately, the log-in asks for the name and P/W I used on the original NACHI entrance examination. I’ve got a better chance of remembering what I ate on, say, November 17th, 2003.

Gerry, does this mean I'll never be able to take the test? No CMI? Relegated forever to the realm of CFI (Certified Forgetful Inspector).

![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Hi to all,

Chris, all you need to do is hit the exams link on the left hand nav bar and re-register using an ID and pass that you can remember. Then hit the link to the Beta test link here:

http://exams.nachi.org/exambeta/

Joe, thanks for the support, I hope to achieve this with the support of those members who gave up a lot of time to help with settingquestions in a lot less than 5 years, I am looking at having all the teatures I want opperational, by the year end, and will have it openly available to members before that.

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: cradan

Thank you, Gerry.

Chris

http://www.inspect4me.com

Chicago Illinois Home Inspections