YOU Help me decide: Inspectvue vs. ReportWrite Plus

Originally Posted By: jnethers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Greetings all! The forum has been very helpful in narrowing down my list of software choices to Inspectvue and Reportwrite plus. My third choice was 3D inspections. I need some objective feedback on these two after researching these items for 4-5 days.

Inspectvue (www.pvsoftware.com)
-Windows CE Platform/Pocket PC
-True point and click database
-Initial investment $1.345.00 (assumes $350 for handheld)

From reviewing the demo software the interface looks clean, extremely well done. My concerns are can you customized every page with a logo and other information? Is the only output in *.PDF format? Is it worth an extra $700 when compared to Reportwrite Plus.

ReportWrite Plus (www.ahit.com)
-Palm Platform
-Application that works inside MS Word
-Point and click features similar to Inspectvue
-Intial investment $600.00 (Creative pricing, this is for first 30 reports and assumes $350 for a handheld)

Not as user-friendly as Inspectvue from what I can tell from the demo. But the ability to customize the report is awesome and the final output is a MS Word file. I need flexibility and customization.... I'm concerned a little with the Palm software - is it robust enough? Finally, does it summarize too much? When inspecting bedrooms does it put all findings under bedrooms or bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bedroom 3? $600.00 initial investment - cash flow is king!

That's it! YOUR thoughts and comments will be much appreciated.

Jack Nethers ![eusa_wall.gif](upload://hILV5Z8gRVLwzVpRIDJEm01uB52.gif)

Originally Posted By: glittle1

Check out www.homeinspectionsoftware.com icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

Jack,

I compared Inspectview and 3D and went with Inspectview. Didn't look at Reportwrite so I don't know it. I also have used the PDA yet.

Inspectvue is highly customizable. Everything from the the narratives of course right down to the footer. As fas I know only direct output is in pdf. There are currently about 600 inspectors using the program and input from the users is well received an actually used ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) Consequently there are many many updates as the program is always changing to meet the requests of the public.

There is supposed to be a user fourm being up and running this week at Inspectvue so you might want to wait a couple of days and then go there. I don't know if it will be open or closed to just actual users.

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: dvalley

I think Palm Tech software is the best out there. Download a free sample. Try it out.

http://palm-tech.com/Product%20Info/DownloadDemo.htm

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."