A slow death for florida home inspectors

Must have been a hell of a night…

Those days are almost gone.

I am now Daddy to a beautiful little 5 year old and cannot keep up when I have a hangover.

I am with the family and a total of 3 little girls 2 are five and one is 3. No way I could keep up after a rough night anymore. :):

sounds like a shut up and sit down.

Just give the g.c. a part of your earnings and all will be good. just give the termite inspector a part of your earnings and all will be good. where does it end.

I too will go on…I am enjoying building up a business from the ground up.

But a hostile take over by licensed individuals is not a level playing field.

Tom I did not intend to insult at all. I apologize if that is how it came across. Just fed up with the entire process and am nobody to tell anyone to shut up and sit down.

good luck as long as you make a decent fee on every service you sell you should be happy. When you make money and do not have to do the job your profit percentage is higher.

Hey I for one am against anything the government has EVER DID to level any playing field. I believe in a FREE MARKET ECONOMY where the government is not involved. I believe for country to be successful some must be allowed to fail if they cannot make it on their own Merritt. THE best advice I can give you is to become a GC then all of your issues according to you would be solved. I guess you would still need a pest control license. The. Great thing about America is you can EARN any qualification you feel you need to be successful.

Why does a playing field have to be even? Thats the WORST statement I ever heard!

I don’t want an EVEN playing field. I want to do what it take to dominate the playing field in my favor. Is that no the way to perform business? What the purpose of free enterprise if we are all the same?

Its BS that inspectors use thermal infrared. Its NOT FAIR…PHUk fair. Deal with it, stop the freaking whining and either perform a superior service people want to go be the Wal Mart greeter, there really is no competition there…

I didn’t take it as an insult…just a sounds like…message boards show no emotion.

I too am fed up… but i can’t believe home inspectors should take it in the arse over other licensed individuals.

Shoving a license up the arse of other home inspectors does not solve anything.

If the man with another license is getting work that you want…go and get the same license he has. No need to take the whole profession with you, is there?

yOU DO NOT HAVE TO.

bECOME WHAT YOU NEED TO BECOME TO DO WHAT YOU WANT.

i CANNOT GIVE LEGAL ADVISE TO MY CLIENTS OR REPRESENT THEM IN COURT.

caps again sorry.

So I would have to become a lawyer to do so.

I cannot draw up plans for a home but iF i WANT TO i BECOME AN ARCHITECH

ahhhhh I hate the cap lock on this computer.

I cannot build a new roof so if I want to I have to become a roofer.

If I want to do electrical repairs I must become an electrician.

Point is that a Home Inspector has limitations and if you do not want the limits then become what you need to do what you want.

No one is telling you that you cannot do it you just do not want to do what is required to do what you want.

See James was typing basically the same thing as me at the same time.

You just want to be magically all of the sudden allowed to do everything because the State gave you a license.

Cmon russell your a smart man…once contractors take control of home inspections and they will… what kind of laws do you think they will pass to limit competition…

As a licensed home inspector at least i have a seat and when told to sit down and be quiet at least i will have a place to sit.

Contractors are not wanting to take over anything.

They just want the pain in the a-s home inspectors to stay the fu-k out of their business and to stop trying take away what they have been doing for years.

They want guys like you to worry about your own business and stay out of theirs.

How come you never answer why you do not become a G.C. that would solve all your problems.

Oh I guess you do not want to go through the hassel of earning it like those who have gotten their license.

yOU JUST WANT TO BE GIVEN THE RIGHT TO DO THINGS OTHERS HAVE taken A LiFETIME EARNING the right to do…

Ahhhhhhhh…Mr Bushhart. I see you are sporting a new state certification. Looks good on ya, btw. let’s see a license for energy auditors but none for home inspectors. SSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!

Tom I totally disagree…they have not taken it since the inception of Home Inspections. The reason they are making a statement is because there NOW is a license. Take the license away and all things go back to the way they were.

I can do Radons legally…I have a state license. Is that an unfair advantage? I wanted to do it, I got the useless license.

I wanted to do Termite Inspections - I got the useless termite inspectors card.

I wanted to do Mold - I got that useless license.

The only unfair advantage a contractor has over you is the one have religuished to him in your BRAIN.

Let me ask you this. I do not know for sure, but I think I do more than a typical inspector in my area. How is that? I am not a contractor and NEVER have been a contractor…EVER…With your philosphy, I should never be where I am at now. How did it happen?

There is a guy named Doug Wall in my area. He is not a contractor, yet he does a TON of mold and Radon inspections? How is that? With your philosphy it is impossible!

Its called MARKETING and a level of service that is desired and people are willing to pay for.

So let me ask you these two questions. How did Home Inspectors survive when their was no license? Contractors could do whatever they wanted. So if what you say is fact, there should have never been a Home Inspector in Florida.

#2 How did 2 companies get more their market share all these years without ever having the contractors license. I mean with your mentality they should of had NONE the work.

You want this ever so popular seat at this ever so fascinating “Table”. Look at it this way…this table is at the Ritz Carlton restaurant…You and your two other buddies Rosy the Realtor and Carl the Contractor are present. When it comes time to order, you are all on seperate bills. Rosy and Carl have $500 to spend on the meal and you have $1. Who is going to get EXACTLY what they want to eat from the menu? A seat means nothing without influence and power. We have NONE of these…Have fun at the table…I want to get rid of the whole restuarant…

Really? We used to use employees, now we use licensed HI"s… It actually saves us $, but has created Truckloads of newbie HI’s

That’s just great Russell…nice job

But as all these other org.'s are shoving different rules down your throat where is your voice. As you said “it would be great if there were no table” but there is a table and home inspectors presently have a seat. We should take it.

NO WE SHOULD NOT. Stay away from the table, stay away.

If there was no license there would be no shoving anything anywhere. I see your point 100%. If I had nothing to offer a client except a piece of paper that made me try to justify my knowledge and experience then I might see it your way.

It also is very questionable why a person rags a profession that they do not qualify for. In the words of an esteemed collegue, it would be much more justifyable to degrade a license that you can actually qualify for rather than one you cannot qualify for…

Your actions, quotes and banter against General Contractors makes me wonder why you feel they are so superior to you? Why are you afraid of them? Your afraid you “profession” is going away? How can your “profession” go away after is has been present all these years? John Shishilla, Dennis Bonner, Dennis Quigly, Preston Halstead all are General Contractors and are people who want to do HOME INSPECTIONS or INSPECTIONS in general. They don’t want to repair anything.

Know why they will be better than most inspectors? They LIVE and DIE by customer satisfaction. They learn to DEAL with people and strive on customer service and are used to putting out fires on a daily basis. On the other hand most other people who enter the inspection industry may not have of dealt with clients on such a basis and are poor at people skills. 100% knowledge without people skills will equal poor income…Partial knowledge with great people skills can lead to a successful business.

Tom that license will not bring you more business and in one simple question tell me ONE thing you offer your competition doesn’t? JUST ONE…If you have no answer, then it will be a matter of a short period of time that you will fall to the wayside…

It is a little ironic that the most vocal on the issue against licensing is one that may benefit from from the loss of others. HMMM. I am not advocating for or against just sharing a thought. But his drum beat is beginning to be like white noise.