A slow death for florida home inspectors

Education…from the greatest Home Inspection organization in the world.

Now thats an Idea. sELL THAT INSTEAD OF A SORry *** Florida License.

At least you can say you choose to do it.

So your telling me the gap is that you have education? Is this what you are saying?

LMAO…I better start proof reading…

Damn I hooked another one…not as big as the first but a real fighter this one.

Sorry but all the other good… I am better than you are because I have a license marketing ploys are already taken.

Cmon, have a seat at the table where homeinspectors will at least have a say in any sop that is forced on us.

That table is a terrible waste of time and money. You for sure will have no say maybe one hi will but you personally will not and who says you will agree with what that one guy believes.

No licensing.

It really reminds me of home owner associations.
A fu-king waste of time and money ran by conco comandos looking to dictate to others what to do with their property.

That is my favorite thing about my current house. No homeowner association so I definatly do not want one for my business.

Touche - Thomas I am still waiting for ONE…Just ONE thing you different than your competition?..Anything? Something?

Russell,

I don’t know what my competition does. But I am assuming everything is taken.
Whatever i do is probably already being done. But what thing I do Is answer my phone. Picked up an inspection this weekend just because all the inspectors she called before me never answered their phone. Damn, Now every one is as good as me. Scary thought.

As far as your mentoring and operation are concerned I have no beef. Best of luck to you. I hope to see it someday.

My beef is with licensing and why you are so against it. You yourself have said you are not afraid of competition. Let the market take the newbies money and spit them out. Me included…my wife knows how much money I have spent for my 1-2 inspections per week. It’s a tough market out there.

As for being qualified…I was doing Home Inspections before licensing. I didn’t even belong to a Home Inspection org prior to 2010. But i knew enough that if this was to work I better get some help.

So I visited ASHi in 2007… Great group of guys although a bit snobbish. Met a gent from England at one of those meetings. He bummed a cigarette from me and asked me what my thoughts were. I asked why everyone had such an attitude and he said “it’s the economy stupid” Liked the guy right away. He invited me to a Nachi meeting. After the meeting he asked “whattya think”
“Great” I said “much better”… he said “I thought so”

After that when I would get an inspection he was there. When he couldn’t make it he was a phone call away. He would critique my reports, and taught me how to do an inspection with just a camera. He really was a great guy. One of the things he told me was not to worry, I will make a great inspector, and that he would always be a phone call away. When he passed I was heart broken…not only did I lose a mentor but a friend as well.

Believe it or not I still make a phone call once in a while. When I need help I call probably the second best home inspector in the state. The best is reserved
for Gerry in my book.

My point about licensing is without it the profession will be taken over by non-home inspectors. We have so many entities that see home inspection as a cash cow. They feel we are weak and with their Superior license we will soon succumb. With licensing their advantage is nil. Without it we are done.

Sorry all you naysayers against licensing…

If Gerry were here…we probably wouldn’t be having an us against them discussion, It probably would be about who would be the best person to get us what we need to continue to be the best Home Inspectors In the Country.

Whats the status on the lisensing situation? Any updates? It will be interesting to see what happens

My problem is that people went after the NON home inspectors and got them licensed. Until the license is worth something, I will be against it. How can I be proud of something that took a weekend to get? How can anyone be proud of that? To me its an absolute disgrace and I blame two entities for that disgrace.

When someone asks me about licensing I tell them what it takes to get it and how the industry was bastardized. I have no choice. If ANYTHING sheds a poor light on my profession, I have no choice but to be against it. If there were real and actual qualifications to get the license I would proudly display it. Until then…its an embarrassment to have it…

Low… Speaking for one who has passed. I guess he can’t argue with you on it.:roll:

For example: Certain parties have lobbied to have the employees of contractors removed from 1802 and Home Inspectors added. Guess what happened? Everyone is now a liscensed Home Inspector

So your beef seems to be personal…Without licensing you will belong to no organization and bestow upon the world that Russell needs no organization because he is better.

Remember are Coe states you shouldn’t disparage our organization or members

At least with licensing you will need no org. you truly can bestow your almightyness. Disparage away

One Question

Since everybody seems to be in a tell me what makes me better attitude…

What were your qualifications to become a home inspector…what or who got you started…

Tom you are wrong.

Licensing is Bad.

Wake Up.

Welllll How did I do" did you get your one thing

Is my beef personal? Nope, its professional. There were no personal attacks on me just my profession.

And you are100% correct I NEED no orgnization to belong to. I CHOOSE to belong to INACHI because of the education and a most of the people I met are downright good people.

My COE states alot of things, which did I break in my last post? That two organizations bastardized our profession? Thats my opinion. Did I name the two in the last post?

My almightyness? I speak of no such thing. Do I think I have alot to share those in need? YES. Have I ever turned a person away who has asked for ANY type of help, NO. Do I think I can learn a ton from others, Yes.

Do I think I have one of the best setups in the Nation and do I feel I am providing a far superior service than most in the country. YES. IS that wrong? Is it wrong to take something that has been in existance since 1985 and continually improve on it and at the end of the day be proud of what was built? If thats WRONG, then I am DEAD wrong.

I have no superiority complex, but if being confident in my services offend you, then be offended. Sorry, I will not change because Tom feels its wrong and for some reason feels inferior.

Good and Bad in everything we do. Maybe I’m getting to old to understand all this back in forth talk about who is better and who is more important and we want to work together.
Well the truth of the matter is this, no one can agree on anything. I joined NACHI in 2005 and never join the message board because of all the fighting with words that are posted on a regular basis.
Why can’t we all start over and be positive and make a difference. I know I’m not better than anyone here but at times I find myself promoting my experience but I am no better than anyone else.

Now this is the last time I will mention how easy it is to pass the GC test http://www.contractorsexamprep.com/ I know so many GC who never picked up a hammer and can not even read a ruler or a square.

I will never bring this up again and I know from being a General Contractor you have to stay on top of things and it is not easy at times to perform when people are attacking you.
To all General Contractors who earned this title you have my respect and I know many General Contractors that are excellent and outstanding people and I am proud to know them.

Thank You

I am a G.C. and I think Fred is a Great guy and Great Inspector.

We should all follow his example of tolerance and willingness to help his fellow inspector weather they are a G.C and an inspector or just a Home Inspector.

There are many exceptional GC’s out there but unfortunately most are as good as their sub’s and since most of the Mexicans are leaving this state where does that leave the average GC? I know way too many GC’s who cannot repair a leaky faucet or install a HWT as their wives call me for service. No pun intended. Sorry I couldn’t resist:)

Not offended at all Russ. As I said good for you. A real fire breather…

Just what we need to fight the state on regulations. If we ever settle down
and get a bonified coalition going where we could actually vote for our reps. I would definitely nominate and vote for you. If the G.C’s didn’t have an unfair advantage I would be against licensing too.

But without licensing we have no voice. Like AL said “just get a G.C. license”

Tom you have a victim mentality and you will never succeed until you get that beat. Good Luck .