AHIT runs a stupid ad that un-sells their own inspection training school

OMG:

6 Likes

AHIT is having a “Smash the Wall” training event. 3-day sledge hammer training for just $499.

6 Likes

Just another example of our own industry working hard to lower the entire profession. We busted our butts to get the same accreditation as Harvard and Yale and to be able to offer actual college courses to inspectors, and now we have to compete with sledge hammer ads.

www.internachi.edu

10 Likes

Why a sledgehammer?

What a fail…

3 Likes

We get the frustration also Nick, hang in there. You will always be able to hold your head up high and be able to look yourself in the mirror.

1 Like

Well, I can attest to being a student of both programs. In my initial inquiry on becoming a HI, I came across AHIT and thought that was what I needed. I was unaware on interNACHI at the time, so I paid a good sum of money and completed the AHIT certification. Not long after, I came across interNACHI and thought, what the heck, I’ll take the free online exam. Failed it, but it gave me the areas of my weaknesses. So, I decided to join and take those courses and realized the superior substance of material for learning that AHIT did not cover. I think it was 3rd attempt for me to pass the exam, but the interNACHI courses are continual and the learning is never ending.

I am not going to knock on AHIT, but if I had known otherwise, I would not have spent the money for their certification.

11 Likes

I agree with you. I took the AHIT training as well. Didn’t know squat about the best place to start or anything about InterNachi. They were a good introductory course. Have learned so much more through here though.

2 Likes

We have an un-accredited school running sledge hammer ads.
We have ASHI issuing bogus certificates: www.nachi.org/bogus-ashi
We have a fake University calling themselves a University: Reminder to Home Inspector Schools About the Use of the Terms "College" and "University" - InterNACHI®
And until recently we had a patent troll claiming exclusive right to use IR cameras: Nick Gromicko Wins Seven-Year Legal Battle to Protect Home Inspectors' Right to Use Infrared Cameras - InterNACHI®

This industry is a mess. Alway having to mop up. Drives me crazy.

6 Likes

Nick, I just Googled “Best online home inspection courses”.

Pretty amusing to say the least. The first article by a CPA(?)

The second…

Really???

1 Like

Hold the course Nick, we appreciate you!

1 Like

How about a national advertising campaign that explains what home inspectors actually do? The ads could promote NACHI in a big way and also help the industry recover from the “skipped inspection” market we have been in lately.

8 Likes

I think that is over already. Agents started getting sued and interest rates went up.

2 Likes

Maybe in your little area of Colorado, but definitely not in the ‘real’ world!!

Here is an excerpt from our Chapter President in a letter to members a few weeks ago…

10 Likes

The trend in Colorado is similar. I lost an inspection to an inspector who charges substantially less than me, last week. The buyer reasoned that since they couldn’t ask the seller for anything per the contract, that they could get by with the cheapest inspection they could find. But at least they did an inspection…

1 Like

Here in FL, many are skipping inspections, or more common is to sign a contract with 2 or 3 day inspection period… hoping the buyer will skip it or can’t get it all done. I think lenders should look at this trend and crack down on the process somehow. Rising rates have slowed the market here a little, but not much. People are selling homes for $100-200K more than they bought them just a year or two ago!

2 Likes

That’s hilarious some even name the states. Interesting how the strict licensing states aren’t included. (aka Texas)

That’s like the stupidest show I have ever seen! So many conflicts of interest and ethics violations.

2 Likes

Blockquote

And you left out iGO telling states that their certification is more important than a NACHI certification.

My thoughts on Inspector Joe are here:

3 Likes

Texas seems to be pretty cut-and-dried to me. Greenworks is the one being lax if they let their inspections and repairs overlap.