Asha from ITA reminding all...

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'nick gromicko'
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 3:43 PM
Subject: Nice talking to you

Hello Nick,

It was nice to talk with you yesterday. Would you mind placing the below events on your event URL page? ? www.Nachi.org/events.htm

"Safe and Sound" - ITA's East Coast Regional Seminar on May 21st-22nd.

the URL for this one is: http://www.itaroadshow.com/nachi

ITA's 10th Annual Inspection Expo Spectacular on October 3rd-5th.

the URL for this one is: http://www.inspectionexpo.com/nachi

Thank you,
Asha Alsobrooks
VP Sales/Marketing
760-967-6448 ext. 115

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: bsmith

If we could get ITA to include the Nachi S.O.P’s in their Matrix Deluxe report systems it would be great. I have to remove and throw out the Ashi S.O.P.'s

Bill Smith

www.SmithHomeInspection.com

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: kbaldwin

We don’t exactly get top billing here, either

Approved for:
15 ASHI MRCs
15.5 NAHI CEUs
15.5 FABI CECs

Also approved by other associations & states.

KB

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

lets get real here, ITA want access to our mebers only to enable them to sell products and services to our members, whilst many of their senior instructors do thier level best to disparage NACHI and its members.

Does the name Steve Gladstone mean anything ?? ![icon_evil.gif](upload://1gvq2wV2azLs27xp71nuhZOKiSI.gif)

ITA well know that still accept their training courses for credit, in fact I had that very conversation with them last week, but they still refuse to publicly acknowledge that fact.

I would hope that our members make a point of supporting those vendors who support us.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I agree with Gerry. I personally reached out to ITA some months ago, without so much as a return telephone call to discuss any future, meaningful relationship between NACHI and ITA.

The result of my efforts with the ITA folks? NADA.

I'm not too full of myself to realize that Mr Beaumont warned me... ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

You were right, GB... I was wrong...

We should be willing to do nothing for them, unless and untill there is a memorandum of understanding between the parties that one hand needs to wash the other. That would mean inclusion of NACHI on the identical level with the other two HI associations ITA helps support, and dealing with NACHI on an even keel henceforth and in perpetuity. This starts at the Corporate Officer level, and trickles down.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Should we punish all of ITA because Stephen Gladstone is the industry’s biggest a$% (next to me of course icon_lol.gif ) ?

Seriously though?

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

No, we shouldnt punish ITA. That’s not the point.

What we should do... what we NEED to do... is to have a memorandum of understanding between NACHI and ITA. What our expectations are, and what theirs are.

From what I can see, we have a LOT to offer them. But to not as much as return a telephone call, is quite telling. Was she afraid of what big bad ASHI might say about forging a meaningful alliance with NACHI?

If so, them maybe we need to kick it up a notch. Obviously Asha is looking to do something. I fear that after the preliminary "whatcan we do for each other" questions, there may be little left to actually collaborate on.

Steven Gladstone may be the messenger, but the fact is that folks at ITA may have turned a blind eye to what opne of their corporate officers had to say about Nick and NACHI.

In any organization that truly cared about building relationships, this would never have stood. Has ITA, Kaplan, or the Washington Post asked Mr. Gladstone what he was thinking at the time.

He uses his position (former) at ASHI, and his position as VP at ITA to drive his message. From the standpoint of two business entities working together, there must be understanding and trust.

I see little of both. Does ITA want something we have? Are they willing to work with us? I mean REALLY work with us?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

ITA simply knows what I know… that NACHI has most of the entire inspection industry and will have it all by the end of this year. We’re not just the big pink elephant in the middle of the livingroom anymore… we’re the elephant, the couch, the TV, the livingroom, the house, the yard, the whole damn block.

Like it or not, ITA has to play in on our field... we own the stadium.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

It is not personal… it is simply business. ITA is a business.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: loconnor

I don’t know any thing about Mr Gladstone, or any of the previous relationship NACHI had or did not have with ITA. However, in business, when a cooperative effort is agreed upon between both parties, there is usually a written agreement as to what each party’s obligations are to the other. So with the comment that “It is not personal… it is simply business. ITA is a business.”, I will assume ITA will be placing NACHI announcements, or include NACHI as an organization that will accept ITA course credits. Is this correct?

When I did cross advertising with other retailers (when I owned a retail store), We both agreed on exactly what we expected from each other. From Nicks comments, I trust that is what he is doing.

--
Larry
Western Michigan NACHI Chapter
http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

hi to all,

sorry, as most knowI am not usually intransigent, but most senior instructors at ITA offices are current or former ASHI directors and most are former presidents. I hear every single week that their staff have done nothing but promoted ASHI to their students and taken great pains to put NACHI down.

I find it interesting that since I let it be known privately a month ago that, that situation was untenable and that ITA would be persona non Grata with me until this situation changed they have been in touch with us on a weekly basis, and still do not even have the courtesy to recognize us on their web site, that tells me everything I need to know.

BTW, Gary tells me that they still owe us from their booth at the convention that they still have not paid for 2 months after the event, are we being sent a message ..................... I think so and with continue to do so until it is proved otherwise.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: whandley

ITA is owned by Kaplan, Inc… Which operates professional schools,

training institutes, college testing, college preparation, and multiple

universities. They’re an extremely large corporation. Maybe NACHI should bypass ITA. Why not ask Kaplan, Inc. directly why they’re not interested in a cooperative business relationship with a 10,300 member in 40 countries strong inspection organization. Someone at Kaplan, Inc.

who is not an ASHI member may question that also. icon_idea.gif