ASHI loses in court to Gromicko and InterNACHI, again

9 Likes

…legally blind felons are “Educated. Tested. Verified. Certified.”? LOL!

1 Like

Just another reason never to join or use ASHI members

1 Like
2 Likes

The beatings will continue till ethics improves… Can’t we all just get along?

1 Like

I had two very good attorneys defending me and my family from ASHI scum:

www.gvlslaw.com/attorney-profiles/frank-lopez

and

Both are partners in their respective law firms.

4 Likes

Nick, congratulations on the win. Keep up the good fight. Many thanks, to you and and all of InterNachi’s staff for all you do for NACHI members.

1 Like

Love it! I deal with some local ASHI inspectors that are soooo shady. I have realtors tell me if they are ASHI certified their office won’t refer them due to the type of inspectors they certify. It appears they are rotten from the top on down. I’m really happy you keep on beating these fools Nick!

I am amazed ASHI went after you on a fishing expedition, Nick. Been following the tail of claims for 11 years now. A total witch hunt.

They must have spend close to, if not more than, a million dollars.
4 years. 13 hour deposition. Absolute madness.

Hats off to your legal team.
I hope this puts an end to this mindlessness.

Just like Ali over Liston, It’s InterNACHI over ASHI.
Damn, that hurts!

I love that PIC! I once tried to buy the bell from that fight at a collector’s auction.

1 Like

What did the bell end up selling for?

I think it was $1,200.

Nick, Congratulations on the well deserved win.

Thanks. Took almost 4 years.

1 Like

That’s One for the Gipper. Go Team!

HI Nick,
I have another fight for you/us… I was just told that Dr. Horton and Truland Homes in my area (Pensacola, FL) is requiring any Home Inspector hired by a buyer to inspect one of their new homes has to be a CABO certified International Code Inspector to enter one of their properties. Be it that this is directly contrary to what our standards read, I don’t know how they can get away with this. Any thoughts? See below for Trulands requirements…
(H) Inspection Purchaser, at Purchaser’s expense, may have the Property inspected by an Inspector selected by Purchaser prior to Closing. Any such inspection must be performed during normal business hours (Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) by an inspector (“Inspector”) with the following credentials:

• • Inspector is a current member of The American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc. or other organization acceptable to Seller.

• • The Inspector is CABO certified 1 and 2 Family Dwelling Code (International Residential Code);

• • Inspector has general liability insurance insuring the Inspector in an amount of not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00); and

• • Inspector has a valid business license for the jurisdiction in which the Inspector is operating.

That’s an ancient set of requirements, from before Florida had HI licensing.
And we have our own State code, not the IRC.

It has never been a problem to show your HI license and affiliation with any org.

1 Like