Attic Camera

I move over one truss and wow, now it is visible. Not rocket science

What about the only truss strap visible that is 15’ to your left? To each his own…hard to teach an old dog new tricks.:stuck_out_tongue:

I have never not gotten a picture when I have needed one. If I have to move 15 feet I will. If I have to remove a soffit screen I will. But I will not put my life in danger for anyone. I have already done that in this business. And if I cannot get the pictures that I need I will credit my client and let them hire one of you guys that will put your life in danger for $75.00.

Quite frankly I have been inspecting homes since 2001, longer than most on this board. I am quite confident in what I do and how I do it. If you want to challenge it, so be it. But while you are out there doing your 7 wind mits for $500.00 I will be doing one condo for that price tomorrow. So happy inspecting.

Bill, you must inspect perfect houses. No storage, no insulation just homes built perfect for an inspector. This is not a real world scenario and leads me to question how many attics you have actually been in. Either way the cost of a paint pole and cam mount is so trivial why would you not want to carry it just in case you need it? much less discourage somebody else from carrying it that may enhance the quality of the report they provide. I have tools that rarely get used. But to each their own.

I use one when the clip is facing away and I can’t see the nails. I have a camera that I can control with my phone. I push the camera back to where it can see the nails and when I get a good view in my phone, I snap the photo. I only use this camera for those photos. It sucks otherwise.

Wayne, you do not need to question anything I do. I have been doing this for 14 years and know what I am doing. By the way, how come no license numbers on your web site.

Bill, you don’t need to question anything I do. I grew up on job sites and since you make so much money you could easily afford to be a paid member.
I live in the sticks and manage to make a good living and support interNACHI. I’m not here to bust on you but since you and other people who are non members find ways to discourage and criticize others for methods , techniques etc I can do the same to you. Happy Inspecting:roll:

Hmm, stock photos work every time because you never fail to get a photo, lmao

But seriously, I have been doing these inspection, going back to 1996 when they started and you will always encounter situations that provide difficult or challenging photos or even documentation. The quality of your deliverable has a direct correlation to the quality of your equipment and software as well as having the correct understanding of the documentation requirements.

Kind of like playing golf using the PGA rule book, eliminates mulligans and cheats but makes the game much more fun and rewarding.

Holds my note 4 securely and I use the voice command to shoot the photo.