CEUs from Certainteed

Originally Posted By: jremas
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Nick / Chris, Here is a link to Certainteed’s website that offers online courses for FREE. ASHI and NAHI are listed on their site for CEUs. We need to get NACHI on there too. It will give us more professional exposure and offer our members another opportunity for continuing education. I don’t know who to contact about this, but here is the link & I will leave the rest to the professional administration. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist.

http://www.certainteed.com/bldgsolutions/bspd00001.html

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jeff:

Anytime you or any other member wants to procure a link exchange or swing a deal or whatever...do it. Run it by me if it is going to cost any big money, but other than that...have at it! Don't wait for me. Its your association. I don't even do inspections anymore. I just eat and hang out on this message board late at night.

Slow Nick

You guys ever watch Judge Mathis?

Originally Posted By: Ken Trice

Hey Jeff and Nick i went to the web site and it looks very informative

and easy to use. I downloaded the class on the windows myself this

evening. Thanks for the info Jeff.

Ken Trice
THI Inspections

NEW INFORMATION! We have just done some legwork with Certainteed and they will be adding NACHI to their website in the professional section under continuing education. As soon as Nick forwards them an official letter of approval and how many CEUs NACHI will accept for their courses, we will be up & running. Right now if anyone wants to, the courses are FREE and very informative. When completed, you get a certificate that you can print for proof and the CEUs apply toward the continuing education that NACHI now approves towards membership requirements. The CEUs will probably be the same as ashi & nahi. Please take advantage of this FREE training. Also, as a result, NACHI will be added to a national newsletter.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: gbell

Jeff that was a job well done. You are an asset to our organization.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Respectfully,

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Certainteed is NACHI’s neighbor here in Valley Forge. I’ll hand deliver letter tomorrow.

BIG THANKS TO JEFF.

Nick

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Jeff,

Just a note of thanks for your work with Certainteed, I just did their windows course and test, and now have a shiney new certificate to hang on the bathroom wall. icon_lol.gif

Seriously thanks

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

No problem & thanks for the thanks… I just can’t wait until they update their site and add NACHI. The programs are pretty good, especially the attic and ventilation one.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: gbell

Check the site. They have added NACHI to the page. Looks great Job well done.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Nice job Jeff!

Nick

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jeff,

GOOD JOB!! You da man!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: James Unice

Hi guys…I’m bran spankin new to NACHI and this board. Anyway, this may be a tad off topic but maybe not. I am a little confused about something.

in reading NACHI’s policies I noticed a discrepancy. Under " Qualifying Continuing Education" it states that “Anything reasonably deemed to be inspection-related can be considered qualifying including CEU’s earned for other inspection associations.” Where the Polley classes are concerned, ASHI is allowing 29 credits and NAHI is giving their course a full 40 units. When I read on I noticed that in number 8 under “What Doesn’t Qualify” it states that “Courses such as those given by Polley Associates do not qualify.” Can you please clear this up for me please. Maybe we can rethink this and get on their website as well.? I plan on taking the 40-hour course next month. When I joined NACHI today I was told that the course would allow me from actually having to get any more CEU’s for 2 years. Take a look at this link as it may be helpful.

http://www.polleyassociates.com/docs/insp-nahi.htm

Thank you,
Jim Unice
tune@charter.net

Oh....btw...the spell checker tells me that NACHI is misspelled...lol

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

I know! I can’t figure out how to fix that icon_smile.gif

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://y8cT7NDEGx10p5gKkw15UigHNpe.html)

If anyone can get NACHI’s link on Polley Associates, I’ll remove the Polley exception to the continuing ed policy. Right now they are the only inspector training course left that doesn’t recognize NACHI. The fact that their professor is an ASHI inspector probably has something to do with this unethical steering of their students toward enslavement.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I feel that we should accept their course as being acceptable for CEU’s here, for the benefit of our members, even if the course organizers have their own agenda. I think it wrong to penalize our membership who are trying to extend their knowledge, because of short sightedness by a third party.

I hope you and the membership can support this. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Polley hurts NACHI inspectors. Should the concerns of a member outweigh the concerns of the membership?

Nick

Hi Nick,

I am sorry but I must be missing something here, How does Polley have a negative impact on Nachi, other than the fact that they choose not to recognize our organisation ?

Gerry Beaumont

NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Gerry:

Polley is a PA issue. PA law requires a new home inspector to join an association with certain criteria which in effect limits the new inspector to NAHI, ASHI, or NACHI. The poor fella in PA has no other choice. If the poor fella chooses poorly, he becomes enslaved. I view any organization that intentionally steers new inspectors towards enslavement as an organization that hurts inspectors and therefore potential NACHI members and therefore NACHI.

But lets think about it.

Nick

ps Although we publicly exclude Polley, we privately accept it for continuing ed for our members. You're right, we don't want to hurt our existing members.

trade organization. I hope this sorts out his problems. icon_smile.gif

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466