Charley

Originally Posted By: dkeough
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Wishing all our members and non members a safe morning tomorrow on the West coast of Florida.

Possible Cat 3, do not take it lightly, I saw what Andrew did.

Keep in touch to make sure everyone is OK. Joe B , AJ, Blaine and all our other fellow inspectors, Good Luck

Dave Keough

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Yep, hope you weather it all ok…

got a buddy on honemoon in Aruba...I think they may have caught the edge of the storm.

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: tallen

Be safe. No surfing icon_lol.gif I hope it goes well for you all. I have a friend in Clearwater he has headed inland for the first time in 30 years. I hope all is OK.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: mzwerin

Our hopes & best wishes go out to all the folks in southwest & central west Florida today. 1.6 million people have been evacuated! The areas north of Naples, to the south side of Tampa Bay are in for a heavy beating from massive flooding, waves and wind.

To all our friends that are being [dramatically] impacted by Charley, Good Luck from Marisa & Michael in Palm Beach County being mercifully spared from this mayhem

Up to a CAT 4. Get cover if you are not already.

Prayers and wishes from the other coast of Florida.

Let the South Florida Chapter now if you need anything when this is over.

Dave Keough

Originally Posted By: tschwalbe

I made it through with no damage how ever port charlotte where I am a firefighter didnt fare so well. I will be going in tonight to do my part Early indications are that there is extinsive damage. The first person killed in the storm happened less than a mile from my house when their car hydroplaned off the road and hit a tree. I will post more later.

Glad to see you are OK Todd. Take care of the rest.

You got lucky by a little bit. Port Charlotte is right there

It will be very stressful for all concerned in the upcoming days and weeks.
Let the S Florida Chapter know if there is anything we can do.

Dave Keough

I will keep you posted I know that entire subdivisions are missing. Too early to know what is needed. How ever tarps and plastic and ice are going to be necciessitys

Originally Posted By: rwashington

Keep us informed of immediate emergency needs. I would donate directly (Instead of one of the big agencies) to one of our members who can volunteer to aid the victims. When Allison hit Houston in 2001 and a 1/4 of the city was under 8’ water the Red Cross took weeks to help people.

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: rwashington

Oops! Just saw the Hurricane Charley fund thread. Going there now…

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

I have talked to 2 firefighters that were on duty but have been unable to talk to any one in management to find out where i am needed. I am told that some of our stations are gone! The roof was ripped off one of our local hospitals! Entire subdivisions missing. and much more too graphic to report at this time. I am taking generators, tarps, water,and ice in this morning. Then I will find out where I will be assigned. It might be a couple of days before i can report again. I know we had at least 1 inspector in the rotunda area I cant rember his name but I hope he Is ok. Gota Go Now Later Todd

Hey Todd

Blaine Wiley is in Rotunda West.
Greg Bell is in Titisville(Orlando area) they got hit pretty bad too.
Joe B did you stay over in Tampa or do like a lot of the folks and head inland into Orlando.
Keep us up to date Todd, Greg, Joe B, AJ and all other members.
I will get in touch with a couple of friends and if we can collect some things I would be willing to drive them over.

Dave Keough

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

dkeough wrote:
Joe B did you stay over in Tampa or do like a lot of the folks and head inland into Orlando.

Dave Keough

Dave,

We stayed and prepared for the worst, all morning the news was that it was coming straight up Tampa bay, at around 2:00 PM the storm took a right turn and we were spared. We are very thankful but saddened about those tho were hit, thanks for your concern.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: psabados

Little FYI

Just got off the phone with Blaine Wiley. They survived, he had the house prepped and they rode out the storm. Eye wall passed within one mile of the house he said. He'll be back in touch as soon as the mess gets cleaned up.

Paul