CMI runs full-page ad that hits over 100,000 Florida REALTORs.

A bucket load of fee paid inspections

Homepage: http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org

Nothing wrong with paying for a designation, as long as the designation is meaningful. Realtors have GRI and others, and pay for the courses, and must pass the test.

I’m not aware of a CMI class or exam.

LOL! Well, if someone comes up with a 1,000 hour CMI class, I’ll let you know.

Damn - The three year thingy really stinks - I was planning on getting to 1000 the first year – Key word “planning” lol

Not the point, and you know it.

The COE looks substantially similar to ours, except for some subjective item(s), and I would certainly hope that the iNACHI SOP is the preferred one.

I meet all of that several times over, but I don’t necessarily feel like a master inspector…:wink:

We’re running a bunch of new CMI ads on FSBO sites in Florida next.

It is made up. The State does not recognize it.
It is like saying you are a SDDR. Super Duper Doctor.

:smiley:

I don’t have any particular issue with CMI, although I would argue it is weak on defining what a true master of the profession is. I would think the title is more in line with “Certified Veteran Inspector”, since 3 years is just out of being a rookie.

It’s just that Groucho Marx thing…Why would I want to join any club that would accept me?

Funny… Everyone at one time or another seems to underestimate Nick Gromicko at their own peril, just ask any ASHI member.

Yea - but Mike - the clientele base is not the State
I would gather that clients would consider these individuals the elite if they were educated on the topic - which is the purpose of the marketing campaign — Just like letting your clients know that u r a contractor - They feel all warm and fuzzy

CMI is a true credential whereas a license is a permission slip from the government.

That doesn’t mean they’re great inspections, or even good ones, definitely not *mastered *ones. They could all be agent friendly softies, who knows?

Now that we’re all licensed and you and I are waving the same state-issued, freshly printed credential that some bozo who became an inspector yesterday waves… Florida has become an all-out marketing race.

I never underestimate Nick and I respect his skills and his generosity.

Dennis why don’t we all just start comming up great additions to our titles. I will certify anyone who wishes to be a SDC for half the price Super Duper Conspector.

That doesn’t mean they’re great inspections, or even good ones, definitely not *mastered *ones. They could all be agent friendly softies, who knows?

It is all about the dead presidents.

Hmmm - Not sure I agree entirely – If i have built a thousand homes, I probably would know how to build one. Its pretty hard to survive that long unless your at the top of your game - But like evrything, there are always exceptions.

It appears to me that you have no faith whatsoever in the free-market system which readily imposes a high penalty on slipshod incompetence. I find it very doubtful that someone could get by pedaling 1,000 substandard inspections over a three year period, but who knows?

I like this from their COE:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana, Sans Serif]d. The Certified Master Inspector[FONT=Times New Roman]® will dress professionally when acting in the capacity of his/her profession.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana, Sans Serif][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana, Sans Serif][FONT=Times New Roman]In light of this, would I be able to wear jeans? (I don’t)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana, Sans Serif][FONT=Times New Roman]Tattoos and piercings allowed to show? Mowhawk ok? ( I have a reverse mohawk :D) Doctors and Dentists wear ties, should the CMI?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana, Sans Serif][FONT=Times New Roman]Dessing professionally has nothing to do with Ethics.[/FONT][/FONT]