Continued from the closed canadian section

Patrick brings up a valid point.

So how about if InterNACHI just gives access/use of its many great courses to ACHI? These courses took millions of dollars and many years to develop and refine.

www.nachi.org/education.htm

Hi Gilles!

we have a HUB office in Montreal…but the ‘‘lady’’ there is, diane something …has a very hard time returning emails and phone calls, i get the ‘‘i forgot’’ a lot…

And we have the other guy pierre thibodeau i think , who is one freaking a** he nagged me for 10 minutes saying NACHI’s pre-inspection agreement is crap…and the AIBQ is god’s given wish to home buyers…so i send the agreement to Ogilvy Renault (huge law firm in Montreal) they said the agreement was valid

and we have the lovely Kim…from hub …seams to be different that that Diane chick….but she’s in Ontario, I’m in Quebec…will this be a problem

the quote i have is for $5500.00 from JP Mallette (broker…well my uncle)
the way i see it: it’s deductible so…

HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…sorry, just found out i need an head gasket for the car …anyway

that is why i find it difficult to go to another associaton…imo Nachi has the complete package

i get a lot of ‘‘why aren’t you AIBQ’’ from agents, when i explain why I’m with Nachi they go ‘‘haaaaaa i see’’…

I deal - and always have dealt always - with Kim Smith and have had no problem, in fact quite the opposite - with her. Worth a try. The other guy I don’t deal with, period. As far as the AIBQ is concerned, I just sent a letter to CAHPI since they are putting the gun to National Certificate Holders in Québec (as much elaborated on in this blog which is great to have like InterNACHI btw) to join AIBQ stating that I will not join AIBQ either now or ever!

Gilles R. Larin

Gilles! tu es a Brossard!!!..ok i’ll give kim a call!!

Good for you we need more spark plugs to get our industry running smoothly .
All the best Patrick .

Hi Patrick

The ALLIANCE of CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS will accept your accreditation with out question as part of our “grand fathering” programme for the first year. There is no need to take courses again and again and pay and pay. Our education is FREE and developed for Canadians who live and work in Canada.

As far as E + O is concerned, we have been negotiating hard and will have some very big news in the near future for ALL members of the A.C.H.I., not just a select few.

JOIN US AT:
http://www.theachi,org

the link doesn’t work, need a dot before org, not a coma

interesting thing about the E&O…when will you have details?

Thanks patrick!
Long day.:neutral:

JOIN US AT;
http://www.theachi.org

:smiley:

Hi Patrick,

Like Gil said - I too - deal with Kim Smith from HUB and have had no problems.

A frivolous claim from a customer last year was handled professionally without any payout.

Cheers,

A good quality fuel and regular tune ups are also required for that spark plug to have complete combustion…

Think green :mrgreen:!

lesson learned , need a head gasket, water pump for my car :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: kidding

Go electric!
I only need 5500 ‘d’ cells for mine! :D;)

JOIN US AT;
http://www.theachi.org

Here in Alberta Insurance brokers and insurance companies must be licenced to sell insurance and can not sell any other product.
A lot of our members use Kim at Hub. I assume Hub has obtained a licence to sell insurance in Alberta. Perhaps Quebec has the same legislation.

Hi Vern

2 inspectors here (Marcel and Gilles) are in Quebec and deal with Kim in Ontario… so i guess it’s ok

Kim is the broker’s representative of Hub International for Lombard General Insurance of Canada.

Lombard have an office in Montreal and they don’t pay for frivolous claims.

Cheers,

Lost me for a sec…had to look up ‘‘frivolous’’…Marcel, you use HUB right?

I use HUB as well. I understand that they do, indeed, fight frivo . . .friv . . . fri . . . . nuisance claims. :wink:

JOIN US AT;
http://wwwtheachi.org

Another source to possibly try is Pierre Thibodeau out of Montreal. He handled CAHPI for many, many years.