Cosco ladder- 11 foot

Originally Posted By: matnic
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

In case anyone’s interested. Amazon.com/target has the 11 foot collasping ladder for $99! it’s being discontinued, so it’ll be limited quantities

Originally Posted By: jremas

Go to Sam’s Club and get the 17’ version for $140. I am not sure that 11’ will really get you anywhere.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: rpalac

Thanks for the tip guy’s.

I saw the ladder on TV (the telescopic one I believe were talking about-that collapses into a "H" configuration).

I didn't know if it was decent or not. Is it sturdy enough? Do you find that it works well?

If so I will go to Sam's club and get two. I own a bunch of buildings and forever need a ladder and often don't feel like toting the 12 footer or the 42 footer on the truck just to clear a drain or change a flood light. Sounds like these are nice and compact.

Bob P.

Originally Posted By: Guest

I’ve seen the cosco ones, but for a few bucks more Gorilla makes a very nice Little Giant knock off in 13’ and 22’ lengths. Nice billet aluminum hinges and each ladder has an extra set of hinges so you can make two shorter step ladders out of them to use for scaffolding.

I bought mine at Home Depot …together they were less than 300.

Note: the ladders WILL cut your fingers off if you’re an idiot and put your fingers between the rungs while collapsing them.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

DAMMIT, is that where I lost my fingers. I was wondering where we parted company, till you mentioned it! icon_biggrin.gif

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: kleonard

Originally Posted By: janderson

Quote:
Go to Sam's Club and get the 17' version for $140.

That is exactly what I did, great ladder ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) . Really impressed the buyers agent at a recent inspection--used it to go up on the roof, then folded it into the step ladder configuration, carried it inside, and used it to get into the attic through the scuttle hole.

I noticed that this cosco ladder is extremely similar in appearance to the little giant ladder, specifically the one listed in the spring 2004 professional equipment catalog. Both are IA rated, 300lbs. The noticeable difference between the two is the price, the 17 foot little giant ladder rated at 300lbs is listed in that catalog at $500.

--
Within the seeds of ignorance lie the fruits of denial

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: rkulla

Yes the little giant ladders are more expensive. The steps are welded on not riveted. I was a toolmaker for a number of years and in my opinion the little giant is a better built ladder. I was glad to spend a few extra bucks on the little giant ladder, it’s worth the money. Either you pay up front or you pay the DR bills later! eusa_doh.gif

Rex Kulla

Custom Home Inspections

Maple Grove, MN

(612) 799-3093

Originally Posted By: bemelander

All,

I also use only the Little Giant. Fiberglass rated for 300lb. Trust me that is enough for me. It’s a little heaver but gets me anywhere I need to go.

Bill

Anchor Home Inspections

bill@anchorinspections.com

Originally Posted By: cmccann

In Michigan the scuttle holes are in closets above a shelf. I find the telescoping ladder very useful.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: rpierson

I am also a big guy. And I will only use the Little Giant. I know it costs more, but you get what you pay for.

I have been very pleased with it.

Originally Posted By: phughes

I too use the Cosco 17 foot unit. It has the 300 pound capacity and if someone steals it, (this is the Dallas Area) I’m out about 118 dollars. I bought mine at Samsclub.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

Peter,

I hope they don't steal it while your on the roof ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: phughes

Believe it or not, I actually think about that. People around certain areas here will steal anything. As a mater of fact I discuss that problem with people moving here from outside the area, and give them advise on how not to be a victim.

Originally Posted By: dkeough

During Hurricane Andrew, I was on the roof with an out of state insurance adjuster. He told me of a story, he was on a two story building with the owner. He looked around and told the owner that no damage was caused by the storm. The owner said no problem and preceeded to walk down the ladder. The adjuster stayed on the roof and took a couple of pictures.

When he went to get down, the owner took the ladder and left. The adjuster thankfully had his cell phone on him and called the fire dept

who got him down.

Originally Posted By: kleonard

dkeough wrote:
During Hurricane Andrew, I was on the roof .

Your one brave dude ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif) ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif) ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif) ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

Kevin

your ATTITUDE determines your ALTITUDE!