Counterflow WALL FURNACE -- info needed

Originally Posted By: srowe
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Can anyone shed any light on a “Perfection” gas furnace? About 1973-1975. No other info given. I am not sure what this unit was supposed to look like when it was new. The fan has no cover and the wires are just begging for me to play with them. Gas was not on so I am not sure if it even functions.

Any info would be helpful.

![](upload://86cnX5hz2oCNRiHnVOyP5Ydw7O7.jpeg)

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Shawn,

What kind of information are you looking for about the perfection heater. Judging from the looks of the heater, I would have to say it is time for a new one.

I did not have much luck finding out any information about them.

You may want to contact Jerry Peck since he is from your state, it could very well be that he is familiar with this brand of heater.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: dvalley

became Perfection Division, Hupp Industries in 1964. Then in 1965 the Perfection name dropped and became known as Typhoon Div, Hupp Industries. Hupp went into bankruptcy in 1991. Perfection Industries was then purchased by Schwank in 1981. They are now operating as Schwank Inc. They are manufacturing radiant heaters today.

If this was on my Inspection, I'd let my clients know that this furnace is over 30 years old and to consider replacing it very soon. It's over its life expectancy.
![](upload://aWTRUraNtQ2T2bkVBw0PHLo76ZQ.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."