Creating Electronic Reports

InterNACHI members:

Is there a better form or method to create reports in than to use the InterNACHI checklist I have been so clumsily using during each one of the courses?

I have seen the format that Ben Gromicko uses, which I believe is from HomeGauge. Is this the industry standard?

Also is it acceptable for the course if I just type the report into the thread?

Thanks in advance for your responses. Almost done with the courses!

Home Inspector Pro is used by most here and for good reason, it’s great software that keeps getting better and the support staff is fantastic!

“Most”? Can you substantiate this? As a home inspector we deal in facts.

Yep! Bump!
They are both good , but HIP has less keystrokes than HG.
Which make the process go faster.

So, Frank, what do you use?

Nick,

Which have you and Ben felt most comfortable with? It’s a good size chunk of change , so, I don’t want to make a mistake.

90% …you picked wrong and are stuck.Deal with it.

Hows that i phone app working…LOL

HIP is the best.Get a free 3 month trial …full working version.
just do it.

I use 3D.

You get what you pay for.

http://www.thehome-inspection.com/images/Samplereport.PDF

Frank, I’m going to stop inspecting right now and work non stop on substantiating whatever you want me to substantiate.
I wanna deal in facts!
Just like you! :roll:

I like Home inspector pro, but that’s just me. After sifting through all the “witty banter” :roll: I landed on three that interested me. The good software programs usually offer a free trial, and so I downloaded a few and played around a bit until I felt like I found one that worked for me.

I will not tell you which to use, I only offer some perspective, but you should for sure try a few out to see what they have to offer.

Good Luck!

Bob, Where do you get the 90% from?:roll::roll: I highly doubt that that is even remotely accurate. I’m not saying that HIP is not the most used. But I doubt your statement is correct.

Don,
If you are early in the process of starting your own outfit, then I suggest joining someone else’s team for a while. Get feet wet, then make the jump when you understand the business.

I know this is not what you asked, but I think that is what you need.

Why?

1. You need to need to understand how to inspect a house. Most training programs do not teach that.
  2. You need to see how a good firm works. If you don’t, then you may end up burning bridges before you even get started.
  3. You need to know how to market your company. Marketing is an art that some of us do better than others.

PS - Get rid of the snoopy avatar, because you don’t want to get sued for copyright infringement.

Don, Download Home Inspector Pro (HIP), HomeGauge and any others you’re interested in and take them for a test spin. Call tech support and get training if you’d like as well. Taking the programs for a test spin will help you feel comfortable with your decision.

HIP for me. Easy to use, and Tech support is second to none.

Thanks Chris.

Done

Thanks Chris Jacobi.

Thanks guys for all of the input. Exactly what I needed.

Be safe out there!