Directions to obtain Supra Box Access

I NEED Supra Box access in TN and VA. Any good info or links out there that will advise me on the most economical path to take would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Try your state real estate association.

3 Likes

And try your local Real Estate Board.

When I had my supra key it was only good for the area that the RE board covered.

Do you? Do you really?
I haven’t NEEDED e-Key access since they became available.
This is one of many things that an Agent is paid for as part of their commission.
Are they paying you to do their job for them?
Technically, this is part of kowtowing to realtors for jobs!
Are you one of those inspectors?

Hey!!! OLD THREAD!!! WAKE UP!!!

Who cares?
The info shared is still relevant today, so SUK IT!!

I am one of those who does not want to be reliant upon a Realtor to be at the right place at the right time. :wink:

1 Like

I have never needed a Supra myself. In this area, most agents will be there to let you in and many also place a code box for contractors/inspectors and agents that work out of an area that doesn’t have access to the regional Supra box.

1 Like

27+ years inspecting, and never had need for an e-Key. Home either had a combo box and the code is shared with me, or an “unavailable” agent has an assistant provide access.
I have never been left hanging without access for more than 10 minutes, but I always begin with the exterior first, so 10 minutes is no biggie… even in the rain/snow!!

Besides… someones gotta keep those agents accountable!!

1 Like

Mirror Man 4

1 Like

Exactly! :+1:

I never had a supra key. If the agent wasn’t going to be there they would send me a 1 day code or the combo for a key box. That was only for vacant houses. I never entered an occupied house without an agent present!!!

1 Like

Having a supra key is awesome. Even better though is having ShowingTime. If you have access to either or both of these, highly recommended!

2 Likes

I agree with Ryan.

In my area Supra (Now we use SentriLock) is an important tool in my inspection toolbox, IMO just as important as my flashlight and ladder, also, having access to ShowingTime is a time saver that makes my job easier as well. :+1:

2 Likes

Showing Time is one of the biggest PIA’s there is!!
Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had issues with Sellers/Homeowners/Tenants… because “they didn’t know…”!!!

I find it so interesting the differences that you and I have in roughly the same markets, and only 100 miles apart from each other!

Maybe it’s not so critical for you as you don’t do radon and typically only visit the home once. ShowingTime let’s everyone know my plans and automatically gives me access directions.

Which is totally useless if the occupants of the home don’t bother to access ST for the information… which is a common and recurring problem.
The fact remains that ST is touted as a “Realtor Appointment System”. It was never intended for Home Inspectors to become involved in the ‘user’ end of things.
The results of what I experience with it confirms that.

Up here the occupant is usually who has to approve the request. Sometimes it is the occupant and the agent and sometimes it is just the agent though. I like the ones that auto-approve because then I know the house is vacant.

1 Like

Same in my area, it’s usually the seller who has to confirm the inspection date & time. And yes, I like getting the confirmation immediately after I hit the schedule button too. :grinning:

1 Like