Disappearing Threads...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Post removed by NACHI pursuant to an existing legal agreement.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Gilbert Strachan

bbadger wrote:
Do you think your method is effective? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

The only members you are reaching are the forum readers.

Forum readers have most likely seen all the issues.

Bob

If all forum readers had a clear view of what's really going on here, there might not be any decrease in readers... however there might be fewer unfortunate suckers.

Originally Posted By: bbadger

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
If all forum readers had a clear view of what's really going on here, there might not be any decrease in readers... however there might be fewer unfortunate suckers.

I got it now.

There are two types of people on this forum.

Ones that agree with your "clear view" and "unfortunate suckers."

Kinda of harsh don't you think?

Too each their own, thanks to Nick it is a free and open forum so we all can express our views.

--
Bob Badger
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
Moderator at ECN

I don’t have all the answers, but I do know this… all is not what it seems, and NACHI is not what Nick makes it out to be.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
NACHI is not what Nick makes it out to be.

Correctly stated, sir, for NACHI is defined by its members.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

That’s pretty rich Jim… you MUST be joking! icon_lol.gif

Keep up the good work. I sincerely hope you aren't holding the messy end of the stick when the whole thing falls down.

Why not join Farsetta and me for beer when it's all over... if you want to join the beer bet, I'll bet you'll both be buying.

Originally Posted By: dharris

jbushart wrote:
Gilbert Strachan wrote:
NACHI is not what Nick makes it out to be.

Correctly stated, sir, for NACHI is defined by its members.

Come on back, Yea right, ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif) ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Jim, If you define NACHI as being defined by its members, Then I take you approve of the negitave marketing [ by your continued support and sending nick your 289.00 to market you] and basing of other orgs, professional inspectors and business persons by your orgs spokesperson, no way do I or many others that have worked hard to improve the image of this profession to the public have any desire to support the Public BS marketing and lying by your owner.

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
That's pretty rich Jim... you MUST be joking! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

I'm very serious, Gil.

I challenge you to speak with the home owners, buyers, and real estate folks in Montgomery and Warren counties of Missouri and ask them if they have heard of Nick Gromicko. Ask them if they know or even care that a guy named Ed Porter is upset that Nick hasn't started a credit union for NACHI members, yet. Ask them how important it is to them that Jim Morrison was unable to obtain a copy of Nick's DD 214.

What some of them will know, however, is that they have read several newspaper items referencing the good works of the NACHI Foundation and how it has a program for helping hearing impaired people obtain special smoke/fire detectors.

Some will be able to tell you how they often read and hear of NACHI training events that are scheduled for home inspectors in this area to help them stay on top of their game. They will tell you of the announcements they read in their local papers regarding our meetings and the advice that accompanies the article with tips for home owners, buyers and sellers.

Many will speak of the fine inspectors who have helped them who are members of NACHI.

None of them will be able to quote anything from Morrison's blog.

Why? Because the members of NACHI who work in this area ARE NACHI to those who really count - the client.

I'll pass on the beer, but I'd be happy to allow you to buy my Diet Coke while I join Joe and you as we celebrate another successful year of NACHI.

--

www.monachi.org

[quote=“jbushart”]
dharris wrote:

If you survive in this profession in a short time you will get 3 calls from prior and new poential customers.

1, You did an inspection for my friend, when can you do one for us?

2, You did an inspection for us x years ago and now we are buying anothe home, when can you do it?

3, You did an inspection x time ago, we sold our home and the buyers inspector found several things that you missed, the inspector told us many of the items were required to be identified by state standards and should have been caught by our inspector. What are you going to do about this?

I don't know about you, # 1 & #2 are the only calls I want to receive. Neither of these items have any thing to do with marketing if you don't have the qualificiations and experience that others in the profession have.

Quote:
Dan,

While I do not disagree with anything you said, here, I do not see how it relates to what association a person may or may not belong to, if any at all.

If you cannot relate to what association a person may or may not belong to I would suggest attending a few seminars provided by professional associations and listen to the information shared by experienced professionals that strive to exceed the standards opposed to stressing negitave and false marketing. You may find out all the markening provided for you by nick for the low fee of 289.00 has no value if you are not reprensating our profession the same way these experenced professionals have done and continue to do.

Perhaps where you live most of the ASHI folks are able to live up to the reputation that has been bought for them with branding money. Such is not the case, here.

The poor ASHI guys in some of our bigger MO cities are charging so little for an inspection that by the time they pay the real estate agents their kickback (referral) fees they are barely making minimum wage.

--

www.monachi.org

Quote:

What some of them will know, however, is that they have read several newspaper items referencing the good works of the NACHI Foundation and how it has a program for helping hearing impaired people obtain special smoke/fire detectors.

Hmm, sounds like a good market to locate a TV or radio personallty to take Nicks on line quiz and become a certified inspector, alowing the home buyers to see first hand the scam used by nachi/ nick to market his on line certified inspectors.

Save this one for your lowbrow friends at H6, Dan. Nobody here buys this crap. Too many of us know better. icon_lol.gif

Besides, the blog over at www.noashi.blogspot.com has pretty much blown the cover off of what ASHI members are really about, from state to state.

--

www.monachi.org

Quote:

The poor ASHI guys in some of our bigger MO cities are charging so little for an inspection that by the time they pay the real estate agents their kickback (referral) fees they are barely making minimum wage.
[/quote]

Jim if this a fact I suggest contacting ASHI. I'm sure ASHI will take action and expell them from ASHI if this is true.
Its in nick best interest, then they can join NACHI, where ethics, proof of CE, proof of membership requirments are in marketing only and not enforced, not to mention nachi does not have any body to enforce memberships requirments, the only authority nachi members have and has ever had is delete members if they do not agree with nick and his lies and bu-- sh--.

Originally Posted By: tallen

HI Dan, hows your Saturday going?

Me?

Oh, my main water line ruptured (damned Blue Max) ![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif) Been digging for hours. It would not be so bad if it was not 105 outside today!!

better than crying I guess.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: tallen

Might as well get used to it.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jhugenroth

Bob,

I for one am glad people like you “hang around”, as the open forum is a great way to learn from other professionals. I’ve just learned to read past the crap. Hope to keep getting your input for a long while. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Get over it. f you were active members trying to make positive changes, instead of the usual bitching about loosing business because of bitch fests that negatively reflect on your businesses I actuarially might respect your opinions.

Just my opinions and 2-nickels ... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

roconnor wrote:
Get over it. f you were active members trying to make positive changes, instead of the usual bitching about loosing business because of bitch fests that negatively reflect on your businesses I actuarially might respect your opinions.

Just my opinions and 2-nickels ... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

How does an active member make positive changes when the owner (Nick) calls all the shots?

Originally Posted By: rwand

Mr. Strachan don’t you find it strange that your rants are quetionable in light of the fact that Mr. Robert OConnor is an engineer. Are you suggesting that educated people are somehow being scammed too? We only have your side of the story, you have no credibility, you have no proof to show, now you even admit you fudged names so you could post, which we all new you were doing.

I am not defending Nachi as I am not a member but you sure do have a lot to account for given what info we have all seen from both fueding parties.

For you to even suggest Nachi is a Pyramid Scheme is totally out in left field. I don't think you understand what a Pyramid Scheme is. As to regional meetings I know that a few have taken place since your departure. Perhaps those folks may not have your drive for organizing meetings but they are taking place at real locations. So your theories are some what wet to say the least.

Of course only my view.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: mcyr

icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

A Business is only as good as the workers that are working for them.

Remember that, and do not forget, what you put into the business will only come back 1/2 fold. It is the gratitude, accomplishments, and satisfaction of the known quantum that is important to maintain that self esteem that keeps us going.

Marcel