don't blame me no more

well I tried all week to get 150 dollars for inspections and it seems like no 1 else out there has raised their prices at all so don’t blame me for the low prices I’ll be competing again next week. this is for wind mitigation inspections. I did my part and gave it the old college try. I guess it’s kinda hard to raise prices 7,000 other people who can do the same thing.

THIS IS NOT STEMMING FROM MY CONVERSATION WITH A MENTOR OF MINE TODAY :slight_smile:

It is easier, 49.95 special, 2 for 1, please let us inspectors screw you.

What a f n joke this has become. . Let’s make a buck… screw the homeowner. How can a person with contracts to the insurance industry offer ed courses? Conflict of interest?

unfortunately it’s too late it’s not ever gonna happen they’ve already screwed it up and it let any tom dick or harry do them

Quit doing them as a stand alone inspection and stick to full home inspections. Much easier, and much more profitable. Once you sell the home inspection you can usually sell them on the wind mit for an additional cost and do both at once. If you get the call for just a wind mit, stand firm on the new price. If you get it, great, if not, that’s o.k. too

If I recall, Mike doesn’t like home inspections.
I don’t do stand alone inspections unless it is a referral from another client. All the others, I actually have sent some to Mike.

For those that complain about low prices, let your client know why you should do it for the price you want. If you can’t do that, don’t blame the market, the client or anything else. The problem lies with you.

Eric is correct I dislike full home inspections because I do not believe I can get what I feel they are worth.

I did get a nice letter about my alternative yesterday.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hey Mike,[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Thanks again for all your help during the alternative home consultation. Your professionalism was a breadth of fresh air among a someone hectic time in our life. You definitely offered an affordable way for my wife and I to know what we were getting into prior to buying our home.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I was also wondering if you could refer someone to do a pest inspection in the Dania Beach area as well as a surveyor.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]**Adam **[/FONT]

I really do like doing the alternatives. $200 for 1 1/2 hrs and the clients letter speaks for itself on how they felt.

With the mits I have to do them to feed the family. I no longer have the ability I have had most of my life to pick and choose.

Yes, Eric has sent me some wind mits and they are always appreciated.
Thanks again.

I guess south Florida has a greater call for wind mits than north Florida. I get about 1 request for every 10 home inspection requests. You must do what the market asks you to do.

Every home I have inspected in the last year+ has asked for a wind mit.
Being in the HWVZ helps!:mrgreen:

The problem with people thanking you for their inspection right away actually doesn’t mean too much. How do they know you did it well, until after they move in?

I’ll let you know if I ever get a complaint.

So far 100% satisfaction on those :slight_smile:

Whats a Wind Mit? Is that something you put on your hand when it gets windy in Florida? :stuck_out_tongue:

Man “O” live do you Florida guys do any actual Full Home Inspections?

I try not to :slight_smile:

This comment coming from “Condo Bob”…:smiley:

What is a “Full” home inspection?:mrgreen:

Now that there is funny Steven!..lol

I do my home inspections with my wind mits on!

what’s a mit that you put on your hand???

I agree with Eric Augustin, even though he is my direct competition in Live Oak and Lake City area. I try not to do wind mits. The charge is what it is and if they want to go somewhere else so be it.