E-mail newsletter content

Originally Posted By: rgower
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am building a group E-mail address of local Realtors and Mortgage lenders for the purpose of Marketing economically. I understand that if you can even get them to OPEN the e-mail, you have 30 seconds to get their attention with compelling data.

Does anyone out there do this and where do you get compelling content from for sending newsletters, flyers, etc.?

Since I am fairly new and desperately trying to grow my business, I could use some advice from some of you PRO's.
Your thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
Rick

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I use email only as a follow up tool for marketing, and that is seldom at best. Face to face marketing in offices and direct mailing have proven to be the best methods for me. Realtors want to meet you and know who they are recommending for their buyers. They want to make sure that the new great inspector doesn’t show up in blue jeans and a t shirt speaking like he has a third grade education.

If you want their attention, put a brochure, price sheet, coupon and a nice introductory letter in an envelope and mail it. Then go into the office and follow up on the mailers.

Also, go to the members only section and read the thread on marketing. There are many good ideas there.

Blaine,

Thanks for such a quick reply and advice! If you don’t mind, I will send a separate e-mail as to not fill this post.

Thanks again.

--
Rick

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

You might expect a mixed review. Some will view your email as “junk mail” and insist upon immediate removal.

At least that was my experience. The face-2-face contacts although much more time consuming are your best way of marketing your business.

Here is another low-cost marketing tip - drop by one office a week with a box of doughnuts or muffins and drop off your marketing material, and your business cards. Tape your business cards to the top of the box of doughnuts.

Its worth a try. 52 weeks in a year - 52 offices for less than the cost of several inspections.

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

I like that Idea!

Thanks!

--
Rick