e-mailing RE agents

Originally Posted By: kbliss
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have a lot of adult, retirement communities in my area and when I am in them I have been writing down the agent`s name that have contracts on homes and e-mail them. I usually introduce myself, what I have to offer and I say I would like your business if you or the buyer needs an inspection. Does anyone else do this and is this just a way to get a RE agent annoyed with me?

Kurt Bliss

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hi Kurt,

My experience with e-mail has almost always been a negative one. I sent out thousands of them several years ago. Out of those I received one inspection. The positive to that is that inspection lead me to get referrals from most of the agents in that office.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Kurt,

Nick is working an email system that will first email the agent with a useful link and then send another email to them advertising your company. If you just email them without any useful information you are probably going to get only bad responses. I believe he said it will be ready sometime soon.

If you are looking to make some real estate contacts pick out an office and take them over a couple dozen donuts. The only way to an agent is through their stomach. Works every time. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hey Joe,

when was the last time you did a post that did not include donuts ? icon_lol.gif

Gerry

Originally Posted By: kbliss

Greg and Joe,

Ya I did the donuts and the problem or obstacle is they have someone that they have been using for a while and I think he is cheap, just like the retirees that they sell to. I really dont care if I get their business as long as I get business outside the area where there arent any retirees.

Kurt Bliss

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Gerry,

Donuts, good! Sales pitch, BAD.

No, I don't know anything but DONUTS!

Kurt,

You should try another office. Sometimes you will not get any agents to use you out of the office. When you come accross this just move on to the next office. You can keep going back and visiting from time to time, with a box of donuts!

Walk into the office with the intention of shooting the SH** with some of the agents. Sooner or later they are going to get comfortable with you as a person, not you the inspector. Guess what? When that happens they will start using you.

Do you have any idea of how many sales pitches they get in an average day? More than you think! Trying harder to sell in this case will only get you gray and bald, like me! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Brian Maloney

I agree. In sales it’s: 1.) Like You; 2.)Listen to you; 3.) Buy from you. Always in that order… the sale is always last.

Also, a very successful woman told me once that the way to get to women is CHOCOLATE and nothing else comes close. My wife's favorite is plain old Hershey milk chocolate. ![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif)

Brian

--
Brian Maloney, NACHI
Valley Forge Chapter

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY