FHA Inspections

I have been asked to do two FHA inspections for some investors in Ohio with the promise of many more during the year. I discussed a 4 point inspection with them and they felt that was all they need. I explained that the inspection would not meet the SOP for our State and they are fine with that. They want to know what needs to be fixed for FHA to approve their loan. Any one else doing these? I downloaded a FHA inspection check list, it looks fairly basic.

hey Gary got a link to that checklist? I’d like to check it out. thanks

The FHA does not provide these rehab loans to investors. Only individuals. Readhere.

These are not rehab loans, they are purchasing the property. Try this link. PDF]
FHA INSPECTION CHECK LIST

](http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/nachi.org?premium=false&client_uid=1710486888&client_ver=3.0.1.163&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=true&aff_id=636&locale=en_us&os_ver=6.0.2.0&ref=safesearch)
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
FHA INSPECTION CHECK LIST. (Prepared for use with FHA/HUD Handbook 4150.2 ). Cliff Odom, RAA Birmingham, AL. VC-1 Location Hazards And Nuisances
www.nachi.org/.../33637d1259778558-fha-inspection-fha-inspection-list.pdf -

Are you on the inspector list??

Gary,
Looks like that inspection form is an appraisers inspection form. HUD Form 92051 is used for final inspections of rehabs based on FHA appraisals. The Appraisers Forum has a lot of good info and you may be able to get more concise answers there.

Linus…I am on the HUD list. I will check out the other form. I know that FHA wants working plumbing, power on, heating, no earth to ground contact and no safety hazards. They also have an issue with dry rot, smoke detectors and peeling paint.