First Picture From SE Florida Chapter Meeting

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Dan:

Same here when I was a member. Same when my toilet flusher magically and instantly received full membership in ASHI.

The point is that a notarized statement doesn't make it any more true than before it was notarized. A notary public only checks to make sure the person who signed ASHI's form is the person who signed it. Whiptee doo!

Email me your mailing address and tomorrow I will send you a notarized statement swearing that I flew around the moon, dated Britney Spears, punched Mike Tyson in the face, performed 400,000,000,000,000,000,000 inspections, have an IQ of zillion, and intercepted Dan Marino. (by the way, two of those claims are actually true).

Anyway, I will get this statement notarized by 3 notaries, none of which care WHAT I attest to, only THAT I attested to it. I will post it here as a pdf if you want.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

The 250 inspections thing is B.S. No verification that the applicant performed them is made. The only thing that’s verified is that the signature on the statement provided by the liar is that of the liar. Whipdee doo!

Joe, the footsteps they hear are those feet stomping on their heads (if any of them are left).

Please stay on topic you NACHI bashers. You are most welcome to start a separate NACHI bashing thread.

It was a great meeting , we raised a lot of money for charity, and we want to thank everyone.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

gbell wrote:
Scott,
Bad choice of words on my part. I should have stated that 40 applications were submitted.
Guess you guys will jump at anything you can.

The door swings both ways. But as this has been called a public forum, it is nice to keep things straight for those who are looking for information.

For those of you that know me or have read my post for the past few years, you know that I do not bash anyone or talk bad about anyone or organization. I simply tell the truth and reflect the opinions of many home inspectors around the country and if this is construed as bashing I don't have much control over that. I am truly sorry if some think my replies are a form of bashing, they are not intended that way.

I have nothing against anyone that belongs to NACHI, NAHI or any other organization. I have the utmost respect for those who are trying to improve the profession and the members of those organizations. As for the misinformation that is spread around about the various organizations, from what I have seen this is mostly due to a lack of accurate information and in some cases to it is used as a poor attempt to improve the image of the originator. I was told a long time ago to never talk bad about your competition.

I have been asked if I have ever thought about joining NACHI. I would not be telling the truth if I didn’t say that I have given it consideration. But just as many don’t believe in the structure of ASHI, I have the same reservations with NACHI. Outside of marketing I do not see the need of belonging to multiple inspector associations.

Scott Patterson

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Bottom line is that we did not downgrade the qualifications or the requirements of membership into NACHI. So I am not sure what your issue is with this. I believe that FULL members of some other associations should have membership reciprocity at NACHI.

If you have any further "issues" with this, I would be glad to visit your new Topic and participate in further meaningless membership reciprocity discussions there.

As for this topic...close to 200, or maybe more, attended the SE Florida NACHI chapter and were fed GREAT food, received great information from AWESOME speaker, reached deep into their pockets and gave $3000.00+ to help victims of Hurricane Charley, made new friends, had a great time, laughed at my poor jokes, got great door prizes, and those who were not NACHI folks joined a GREAT HOME INSPECTION ASSOCIATION!!! How anyone can see something wrong in that is beyond me!

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

Harvey,

That is great that you raised over $3,000 to help those affected by the storm, I applaud your efforts as I am sure many others do. I apologize for my question on the test, but this was the only thing I asked and it related to the meeting you had in Florida.

If you want to start another thread, please do so but I doubt that I will posting much more on Y'alls forum, but I will be on the other forums http://www.inspectionnews.com and http://www.inspectorsjournal.com. Brian and Chad are doing a good job at answering and keeping the questions flowing.

Once again Harvey, you have done a great job in Florida helping with the storm victims. I'm also impressed with the work you are doing to get a fair license law.

Post changed by me, I let my fingers type before thinking.

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Quote:
That is great that you raised over $3,000 to help those affected by the storm, I applaud your efforts as I am sure many others do. I just hope that this act of humanity was not done for publicity, but to help those who are in need of assistance. I apologize for my question on the test, but this was the only thing I asked and it related to the meeting you had in Florida.

The NACHI Foundation created the fund, with the great assitance of several members from Florida. Money has been raised nationwide, in many cases with NO mention of FACHI in the publicity. All funds raised are in control of the NACHI Foundation. The Foundation is a separate entity from NACHI, and is in no way controlled by NACHI. If you have any questions regarding the purpose or use of the tax-deductible funds raise, or their use, feel free to contact myself or any other members of the NACHI Foundation's Board of Directors who are the deciding parties on any matters pertaining to the fund.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

, Tremendous job Florida.

Congratulations to you all for such an outstanding effort.

Harvey, my wife and I and our family personally extend our sympathy to you and your family in this time of need. Our prayers are with you.

Originally Posted By: psabados

of the older or more senior groups (in age only) have not even made an attempt to aid others in need. Why is that? Maybe its because they feel that they do not need to give anything back or help others and its just not a priority. It’s really sad when someone or a group attempts to aid others in need and they get jabbed at with the publicity card. If it makes you feel any better the “C” in NACHI Foundation could stand for “Charitable”. Are you one of them?

We are an equal opportunity Foundation and will accept donations from anyone regardless of national affliations ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) If you would like we will even recongize your contribution right here on the BB. or you could donate annomously if you fear being chastised by your group. Who knows, we could be in your neighborhood next! Helping your neighbors or community members, just a thought.

Outstanding job Harvey

Paul

Vice President
NACHI Foundation

Originally Posted By: mzwerin

icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: evandeven

Great job Harvey!

Sorry I couldn't be there. I was admitted to the emergency room Saturday morning after I talked to you Friday.
I just got out today.
A severe bronchial infection was the final analysis.

I have a bunch of things to do this week with another event over the Labor Day weekend and also with the hurricane looming off of our coast, I have others that may need my assistance.

I will try to talk with you this week, and if not, sometime early next week.

Again,
Congratulations on a great turnout!

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Hello All…a quick looksy at what is going on…thank you for your prayers of support…believe me more than anything else…that is what I need!

Eric...sorry to hear that you had to take the trip...good to hear that you are out...take care and be well....we'll talk later in the week.

Scott...you know what...take a hike...you have NO class...your empty accolades and innuendos are clear to me...I will not even answer your postings...I hope that everyone else sees through you and does the same...I am told that if you talk to the wall long enough you will finally get the message, "you're not welcomed here".

Gotta go folks...thank you again for your comments and for your prayers.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

evandeven wrote:
Sorry I couldn't be there. I was admitted to the emergency room Saturday morning after I talked to you Friday.
I just got out today.
A severe bronchial infection was the final analysis.

Sorry you missed the meeting, I was hoping we could get together, glad to see that you are doing better. Greg Bell is planning a chapter meeting this October in Orlando, maybe we will meet then, all the best.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: dbowers

counted.

That was VERY cumbersome and I've had guys drive 400 miles with boxes of reports for me to count.

Then came write down name and addresses and mail us a list of _____, however many, and we chose 5. We were full time practicing HI's. We barely had time to see if your reports met the SOP (in our opinion - which could be really out in left field), let alone call 5-1--25 of your clients long distance on our dollar to see if you'd really done what you said you'd done. I used to have another verifier in the Great Lakes Area that would bend over backwards to NOT APPROVE anything but a FULL BLOWN TYPED NARRATIVE REPORT. He hated checklists, no matter how detailed or complete.

Then came send us a notarized statement saying you'd done 250 or ???

Now they're using retired ASHI HI's as the verifiers. As you can see we've been all over the board with this so lets not bash anybody else.

Anyway - not to stray BUT lets not believe that we're perfect - we're not.

I've got an ASHI Member in our state that as soon as he joined ASHI started putting out flyers saying he was a Candidate Member of ASHI - 6 or 7 months later he was a Full ASHI Member. Several local members filed ethics complaints about this BUT he had got MEMBERIZED before the complaint could be processed. Then he ran ads touting that as a licensed engineer he could help put your mind at rest by doing your inspection. Two years later a couple of local realtors told us they'd called the state engineering board to complain about something he said or did and discovered neither Missouri or Kansas had a licensed engineer by his name AND NEVER had one. Oh well maybe he was a PE in New England or Canada or ??? He's now on several National ASHI Committees.

I belong to several HI associations and get something different out of each. Try it you may like it - none of us are the only show in town.

ASHI #1038

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

To Scott,

We'll (not) miss you. You have proven yourself time and time again to be the pompous a$% we all believed you were. We knew you wouldnt let us down. Only you could find a way to turn something positive like a fundraiser into something negative. Harvey did a fabulous job. We're all proud of the effort he made.

As to your journey over to the other boards, dont let the door hit you in the a$%. As to Brian's questions, they are reasonable and we can speak to them. Chad, on the other hand, has proven himself to be in a class all his own.

Goodbye, Scott...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: tallen

Why say goodbye to Scott? It is after all a uncensored wide open board. Let him speak his piece. If you or I want to read it it is our decision. That’s what makes this board the top of the line>> bar none; NACHI is the place to be. Welcome all :loll: Speak now or forever be a member of the wrong tribe :loll: icon_cool.gif

I for one like to read Scotts diatribe. I see nothing wrong with someone's opinion.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: loconnor

Harvey, Nick and everyone involved:

Congratulations on a great job with your meeting and getting new members.

Harvey, I'll be contacting you over the next few weeks to pick your brain so we can get a big NACHI movement here in Michigan.

Harvey, my sympathies on your recent loss. I'll pray for you and your family.

Regards,

--
Larry
Western Michigan NACHI Chapter
http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Quote:

"Harvey,

That is great that you raised over $3,000 to help those affected by the storm, I applaud your efforts as I am sure many others do. I just hope that this act of humanity was not done for publicity, but to help those who are in need of assistance."

Scott, the Fire Marshall at our chapter meeting wouldn't let any more inspectors come if we could get them there. We certainly don't need publicity. Anyway, I hate to drop a bomb but...Scott... Harvey is a Pastor. Someone over at ASHI help Scott yank his foot out of his mouth.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

I’ve got an ASHI Member in our state that as soon as he joined ASHI started putting out flyers saying he was a Candidate Member of ASHI - 6 or 7 months later he was a Full ASHI Member. Several local members filed ethics complaints about this BUT he had got MEMBERIZED before the complaint could be processed. Then he ran ads touting that as a licensed engineer he could help put your mind at rest by doing your inspection. Two years later a couple of local realtors told us they’d called the state engineering board to complain about something he said or did and discovered neither Missouri or Kansas had a licensed engineer by his name AND NEVER had one. Oh well maybe he was a PE in New England or Canada or ??? He’s now on several National ASHI Committees.

Good grief! Dan, who is this piece of work? Please PM or email me. Thanks.

My congradulations to Harv and all the rest for thier efforts. ![eusa_angel.gif](upload://guXNB3zlC4V9sI8GwITkSYBYxY8.gif)

Originally Posted By: gbell

Harvey,

I hope you have plans for another meeting. Looks like we are going to need relief funds for the east coast of Florida next. Hope I still have a house come Saturday.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service