Florida inspectors- G.L. insurance

Originally Posted By: staylor
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Question for the Florida inspectors. Does anyone have an insurance company that will write a g.l. policy only? I am looking to cary $1M coverage per occurance with $500 deductible. I have g. l. now but my carrier is doubling my premium because they can. I have never submitted a claim but need the ins. to obtain an occupational license in my jurisdiction. If anyone knows of a reasonable carrier here in FL. please let me know.

Steve Taylor
Taylor Inspection Services, Inc.

Originally Posted By: bhendry

Steve,

I went through USAA for GL. At one point they only worked with military officers - not sure to what extent they have broadened their base - but I know they have.

FREA will write you a GL policy if you also need E&O. I don't believe you can get GL separately from them.

Regards,

Bill

Originally Posted By: Chris Butler

Mr. Taylor,

Mr. Hendry is right in that we can only offer the GL as an additional coverage to the E&O policy and not sell it as a stand-alone policy. If I come across someone who writes just the GL in Florida I will contact you or post it here.

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(former) Director of Membership @ FREA

Originally Posted By: LJ Johnson

Hartford Insurance (the real Hartford); State Farm; Farmers; American Family; etc - whoever you have your house or car insurance with.

We had no problem finding general liability in Colorado - it wasn't like finding E&O insurance.

Originally Posted By: staylor

I was able to obtain G.L. insurance through The Hartford insurance Co. by Allen insurance in GA. The rate was cheaper than my previous carrier and the coverage was better.

Steve Taylor
Taylor Inspection Services, Inc.