Florida Insurance Inspectors Chapter

I just started an Inachi Chapter “Florida Insurance Inspectors” if anyone is interested, I will set-up a meeting. We can go over the wind mit for those that want to. I will even ask Bill York to speak. Maybe we can bring some contractors and underwriters to throw eggs at.

John,

I’m interested. Where would the meetings be? Merrit Island, Satelite Beach, Cocoa?
I’m in Vero Beach, so I think its in my range. I will be attending Bill Yorks wind mit class next week — If you are attending, maybe we will meet and can discuss the details.

I like the name of the chapter. It has a very professional ring to it…

@Dennis Bonner Thanks

@Dennis Quigley Look for me at York’s class. We can hold the meeting in the center of whoever wants to attend. I live in Palm Bay. I was thinking if we get enough participation we could do it in Orlando, center of the state.

John
Count me in!

Good Idea, I’m on the other coast but interested.

Count me in. I want to take the wind mitigation training. Anyone know any classes sometime in August or Sep?

Jonathan wilhelm

Bill York is having a class on August 4 th in Jacksonville. This class filled up online, but I was able to still get in after registration was closed by emailing Bill York and asking if he could squeeze another in. He responded that he still had room for a few more, and that i could go to the web site and register. I was able to register knowing the date of the class that i wanted to take, even though the class did not appear in the class schedule link. I would not register this way unless you first contact Bill via email - you can find his email contact info at his web site www.mitigation-verification-inspectors.com

Bill has mentioned that he will probably be offering another class at the beginning of September, he is waiting for the class to be approved by OIR as the additional training necessary for HI to perform wind mits.

Hope this helps

best of luck

John,

Maybe you should have the first gathering in Jacksonville the night before Yorks class or immediately afterward (after might work better). We could all meet at the Hooters right there on the water around 9:00 pm. We wouldn’t get a lot accomplished, but it would sure be a fun start. I’m actually being serious.

Count me in John.

It is about time we started something like this. Inspectors have been bounced around by the industry and have been too interested in tearing each other down. If we worked together more, it can only benefit us all.

John - sounds like a great idea.
This class by Bill York… once completed, how will the insurer verify the inspector? Right now, they check the state contractor licenses and the list of MSFH inspectors, which wouldn’t be updated. So, how will they verify your training?

VERY interested.
Count me in

We could easily set-up a web site. My goal was not to provide the required class. Nachi’s class or York’s class should provide that. My goal was to provide current information and support for Insurance Inspections. I believe that those who have done wind mits(correctly) just need to know what is changing and ideas on how to do the job better and easier. If York would like to teach a Full class for Inachi that would be pretty cool to. I think the biggest issue is cost. I smell a Nachi TV episode:)

Count me in John,

Im in south Florida so the closer the better. Thanks

Hi John,

My business is predominately insurance inspections and I would be very interested in this.

Im in the Tampa Area.

Please let me know when and where
Thanks

Please let me know when and where
Thanks

They could look here and at the spreadsheet.
http://www.mitigation-verification-inspectors.com/inspectors.aspx

That would work for me John. I am a long ways away. But a website type senario would be great. Thanks. Bill

[quote=“dquigley, post:8, topic:51408”]

Bill York is having a class on August 4 th in Jacksonville. This class filled up online, but I was able to still get in after registration was closed by emailing Bill York and asking if he could squeeze another in. He responded that he still had room for a few more, and that i could go to the web site and register. I was able to register knowing the date of the class that i wanted to take, even though the class did not appear in the class schedule link. I would not register this way unless you first contact Bill via email - you can find his email contact info at his web site www.mitigation-verification-inspectors.com

Bill has mentioned that he will probably be offering another class at the beginning of September, he is waiting for the class to be approved by OIR as the additional training necessary for HI to perform wind mits.

Hope this helps

Contractor exam school has one, too - and its already approved for CGC continuing ed. There are no DBPR approved Home Inspector courses yet. And in addition to what ever the Department of Finance decides will be the required and approved training on Sept 22nd- we will still have to have 2 hours every 2 years to renew our licenses.