Florida InterNACHI eNewsletter, November 23, 2011.

William - I think, the need for a chapter within a chapter is to keep hq in touch with the vibe and needs of the regional inspector and inspector needs.

After my latest meeting with nick, Ben, Mack and Paige I can see they do everything they can for the inspection industry. I guess it’s their professionalism that lead me to believe they know it all. Well they do know lot, but they can only know about Florida and it situations and problems.

I do not know of any professional organization that has organizations within organizations. It’s the only way to properly run anything of any size. Within my little business it is split up into several parts to keep it running smooth.

I have an office, mold, radon, termite, wind mits and home inspections split up with people in charge of each. I think all organizations have organizations within organizations. Would it be fair for nick to spend a significant amount of resources Ono the Florida inspector when he has 49 other states and how many other countries?

In my opinion INACHI does nothing for you and everything for you at same time. To me INACHI is my tool shed to perform and inform me on almost anything that come about in my profession, it’s then my choice to enter the tool shed and take advantage of the items present. If I choose not to use them, then it’s my loss.

All that is going on in florida has been posted on this message board and talked about at meetings that is open to ALL. I have never seen a question go unanswered or wanted help go unattended.

If I am not mistaken, you contacted me about mold or radon and I offered you to borrow my equipment to use it to see if it was worth your while, free of charge. I also think you came to a meeting and was very engaged in the topics and you were spot on entertaining.

I have met several people in the chapter who I literally think would take the shirt off their back if you were in need to include Nick himself.

If you do not wish to particate in the chapter then that is your choice and I understand. I think your an assets to the industry and profession, but to belittle and talk down to those who have been in this profession and actually built this profession is wrong and unjust. There are people who dedicate a ton of time and effort to the Florida profession, and I for one, am in their debt. They do so without any financial gain. They travel hours, give up jobs and spend precious time to improve the profession, without asking for anything in return.

The funny thing is, no matter how you talk down to them, if needed they would help you tomorrow. I guess that is the sign of professionalism at its finest.

John, Greg, Aubry, Preston, Larry, Michelle I Am very proud of what has been built and what has yet to come. All of you are truly an inspiration, gift to the profession, and I am very proud of being a part of it. I not only have colleagues, I also have friends and people I hold special to my heart.

William, not being a part of it only hurts you…

William you mentioned build my dream on your back. Please tell me wht my gain was to offer you to visit my company, me to send you my own equipment at my cost, loan you use my equipment free of charge and to take your calls and return them to answere your questions. By your own words i think it is us who have helps build your dream and not vice versa. How is that me building my dream on your back? Enlighten me, I am always will to look at things from your point of view.

Russell,

Like you, I come from a large corporate background. Large corporations are necessarily composed of organizations within organizations. I, like you, also have a military background, again which is composed of organizations(units) within organizations. Each has a function, a mission and a heirarchy. The optimum assets of the unit does not always directly correspond to the assets of the whole, i.e., take Hill 589 today to meet the large objective even though taking 589 tomorrow would be much better for the unit. In my military and corporate life, I had little say in diverting or challenging the needs of the whole and consequently once took a bayonet in my mouth simply because the “mission” could not be delayed. Now, this prelude may seem a strange way to answer you, but I am not in that position any longer and I will question the “mission” as it relates to me and if people are not willing to accept my “need to know” then perhaps the organization is less open than it claims to be.

Now, I don’t know what aspect of FLNachi changed your opinion, but you were quite vocal in your suspicions of it in the beginning. Based upon the thread, you were much more challenging than me. I did not see this thread until after I simply made a supporting comment in favor of Aubrey’s “need to know why the fee”. One simple comment and I find myself attacked by those who RUN FLNachi. I do not see any need for anyone to charge FL Nachi inspectors $24/yr for a newsletter which I thought was distributed by INachi. At least, the only place I have seen it is thru a post by Nick. I also do not need to be threatened or called names by Shishilla and I hope he never does that to my face as I will surely spend time in jail over it. I could get over the jail probably easier than he would get over his injuries but then I would spend the rest of my life defending his guaranteed lawsuit. Now why would Shishilla feel the need to attack my questions or opinions? That is what little dictators do. Intimidate by force which in this case is gathering the minions to rightously defend the brotherhood. Well, I’m a Master Mason and a combat veteran and I know a little bit about brotherhood and I surely do not need some bubble butt lecturing me about the benefits of supporting his throne. I don’t want Shishilla representing me in anything.

Yes, you did offer to assist me with radon and you were very helpful. I’m sure I thanked you for it. I have only been a Nachi member for about 10 months but in that time I have referred at least 6 inspections to other members and you know what? Not one has thanked me even though they did the work. I have referred a new inspector to another member for training and I believe that worked out for both of them (the new member had 3 inspections which he split the fee for the guidance). I pay my dues to INachi. I have donated money to Nachi Nickels. I have attended a FLNachi meeting in Melbourne and attended the FLHII meeting in Tampa. At the meeting I had to hear Shishilla’s “brotherhood” speech after I asked, “what does FLHII do for me?”. Shishilla just never wants to provide a direct answer as to do so would circumvent his real goal of becoming a big insurance player. I can see right thru him and hence, “I do not intend to support his dream”.

I have no problem in being a part of a valid and open organization. Unlike Shishilla, I do not feel the compelling need for the limelight and I don’t care who is in charge as long as they are open and forthright which rules out Shishilla. I’m sick of his rhetoric and he is not half as smart as he believes. Who picked him to be the guru of FLHII or FLNachi? Who picked any of the “leaders”? When was the vote cast and by whom? Since I registered to be a “member”, I’ve seen nothing nor have I been solicited for anything other than Shishilla’s post commenting on how “he” would take our concerns/questions to the OIR as our “heralded leader” of FLHII/Inachi. Again, who put him in charge?

Finally, I may be the only “member” who feels this way and if so, it is unlikely I could offer any benefit to the group and I will not try to participate. Before I can determine that, I would like to see an open records disclosure of both groups to include where the money goes, how and when were officers elected, when and where are meetings held, how are members notified and what role do the members play. Open it up and see if anyone wants to support it. If it is all open and supportive to the members, you may discover a whole new level of monetary support as long as the benefits are equal. I doubt many would be interested in panning the tailings after the gold was taken.

Oh, thank you for the kind words, Russell. I do believe I can add a lot to our trade and I would welcome the opportunity. I intend to be here a long time.

William, there actually was a vote on every single board member. They were voted on by the membership that was present at the time and as a matter of fact it was unanimous that John become president.

You ask that we do not keep you ink the dark…holy crap they are going to what, several cities to keep you informed and bringing the lobbyist with them! What organization does that? Name one organization that visits several major cities for the convenience of its people and brings a lobbyist with them? Never ever have I heard of such a thing.

We just had a mini convention where you could have asked and seen what is going on personally you elected not to do so. All that went on there is right here on the message board. If you are expecting us to pick up the phone and call you, well that is not going to happen.

Didn’t John help you on a wind mitigation question?

Once again, I want to learn and service you better. How can we do that? Please do not get Florida NACHI and Florida home and insurance inspectors association get you confused. They are two very different organizations and two different groups.

Aubrey asked what the $2 per member per month was for. To me it is valid question and not answered. Is it for legislative fund? Is it for NACHI nickels? Is it for personal gain? He just asked. Was it not fair for him to ask?

William you would be a great president of a group, but here is what you’re up against.

-Form a group
-Write a book FREE of charge
-Set up meetings every three months, in different cities
-Organizing a mini convention-that includes setting up the venue, the meals, the speaker, making sure all the egos are properly attended to, raise money for us theflorida inspector
-Set up a organization for the inspectors such as NACHI nickels

• teach several classes at different areas.
  • inform and make Hq NACHI aware of everything
  • Travel 6 hours each way to Tallahassee, meet with other organizations to see how we can affect wind mitigation.
  • make our presence known with the OIR by giving them a class to go by.

This is just over year one…in one year, one guy and his wife have done this. Free of charge, never asking for one penny for their pocket! Now mind they still runs a very successful company, has some of the best and brightest children I have seen and is very active in their activities.

Man I would hate to be the next president…but it’s all your for the taking, but those are the shoes you will have to fill.

Once again William, tell me how to make it better. I am willing to listen.

You asked about how he got voted it was answered.

You asked what goes on in board meeting, its right here in the threads. You want to know what we are doing for you. There is a meeting coming to your area led by Greg bell. There have been numerous meetings open to all for educational purposes and as you have experienced, we are here to personally take phone calls, email, or any other form of communication to help each and every member.

What else would you like?

William,
Thank you for your support to me initial post. I have been following the thread and feel that maybe it is time for me to comment on what is going on.
What Russell wrote in his last post is all true. The reason why we at the Florida Home and Insurance Inspectors chapter have started a PAC was because of what happened at Florida Nachi. The coalition between Fl Nachi and the other Home Inspector Associations was a little dictatorship where we were told that we would have no input, could not raise questions but had to sit down and shut up. Nick Gromico was also against giving money to the coalition and so far Fl Nachi has not had any success in raising the necessary funds needed to pay for the lobbyist. We (the Florida Home and Insurance Chapter) on the other hand are doing our best to keep not just our members informed of what is happening politically but Gregg Bell (one of our board members) and the lobbyist are touring the state to inform not just NACHI members but all home inspectors who are interested as to what the PAC is about, what we are trying to do for all inspectors in Florida and to raise funds to pay the lobbyist. Gregg has not asked for one penny, he is doing this out of the goodness of his heart for the sake of all of us in the home inspection profession here in Florida. Gregg even went so far as to contact many of the companies who were present at the convention to donate prizes for the tour in the hopes of getting more people to attend.
I hope this clears up some of the confusion and if you would like to contact me to talk some more please do so. My number is 321-624-0254

Thanks, Aubrey. I am tied up with guests tonight and I will give you a call mid-morning tomorrow. If you are not available then, just call me back when you have a few minutes. For me, everything is about being open and forthright and I think there is room for improvement. I appreciate anyone who is trying to better the profession, and the ones who are doing the most are the inspectors’ who take their craft seriously and strive to excel. Maybe we need a lobbyist and maybe we don’t. Maybe Bell does a great job and maybe he doesn’t. The way information is distributed would not give me or any other member the opportunity to know for sure. I don’t like the way the officers were elected. Per Russell, any one present a some particular meeting voted. Ever hear of proxy votes for those who could not attend or did not even know about it? Just doesn’t sound like an open chapter to me. If I’m wrong, show me. If you want my money, open the books and the communication. Got to go for now but again, thanks for taking the time to communicate. Damn little of it in this thread.

How were we suppose to vote for the very first board? Who do we proxy? Who votes? This was the very first organizational meeting for the group. How we were suppose to vote? Please let me know. John organized the meeting, people came, we decided to make an organization and people were nominated and people voted. Kinda hard to get people we don’t know to vote by proxy.

Maybe we need a lobbyist maybe we don’t? Have you given any time to go to Tallahasee to ensure the needs of the inspector are met? The construction people and the Realtors will try to run our profession and we need to be represented properly by a skilled person and we think we found that person in Wayne Bertch.

Maybe Greg does a great job and maybe he doesn’t. That can be up to interpretation, I personally think he is doing AWESOME. Maybe you don’t. Would you like to travel to about 7 cities state wide, meet with chapters, take people questions, be up to date on the legislative affairs and keep to date as the history of Home Inspection and its progress? O yea, and do it on your own dime? If you are willing, then please run for a postion and make a change. Hell just offer to help and make a change.

Information was not given to anyone? Are you serious? It is given at meetings, hell play by plays are given on this message board by ME and Fred Sylvester

What we are doing to raise money is on this message board

What are doing period is posted here

You have a complaint and I think were answered by the majority of the board members. What more attention do you want?

If YOU want to be better informed then be more PRODUCTIVE in the group. Run for a position. Make it better. Would YOU like to be the chapters information distributer? I am sure we can get it to a vote. It would only take about 20 hours a month or you time for free for nothing personal to gain, but just to help others. I can put it to a vote if your interested.

What is you direction. If you were in charge what would be done different. In a perfect organization how can it be better, and now with everything you recommend how can YOU make a difference in helping us.

Russell, it is difficult to converse with you as you escalate questions into issues. If you want to just attack, I will ignore you. If you want to answer questions or respond to anothers opinion, then answer the questions in a straightforward manner. I really did not come to this post seeking to attack or destroy. Shoot, until Bell attacked me, he was one of the guys I had hoped to develop a relationship with. Now I’m thinking of backing a newbie inspector to lowball his market with $99 home inspections. Now, like you, I digress.

Here is what I think I have learned in this tirade:

FL Nachi is not connected with FL Home & Insurance Inspectors
Some inspectors support FL Nachi and some do not (see Aubrey’s thread)
Nick does not support FL Nachi
Appears you and Shishilla do support FL Nachi
What is the purpose of FL Nachi? Who controls FL Nachi? Why is FL Nachi allowed to solicit money from me without support from INachi? Why should I pay $24/yr to FL Nachi when the info is provided by INachi for free?

FL HII has formed a PAC or certain members of FL HII have formed a PAC
Q? Who formed the PAC? What is the name of the PAC? Who controls the PAC?

I keep hearing of all this personal sacrifice by you, Shishilla and Bell. Are you members of the PAC that is asking for money from basically anyone who will give it to you? Since this is not an InterNachi members only PAC, what do you intend to do with the money? Promote home inspectors, promote wind mit inspections…how? Do you plan to compete with Inspection Depot and maybe someday, thanks to all your hard work and all our money, we can sub inspections from you? What is the END GAME of this PAC?

It’s really all about the PAC now. Post the PAC formation here.

PAC information is in its infancy stage and to better inform you that is the exact purpose of Greg Bells Florida tour!

Instead of BS, Greg bell decided to meet in several cities, meet him and the lobbyist personally and ask as many questions as you would like. That’s some serious service!

I cannot answer anything about Florida NACHI because I do not belong to them and know very little about their progress and ideas and what they do with the money they raise. Better to ask Zoe, she is their president.

As far who Nick “backs”, I am sure he backs ALL NACHI members. Also as far as I know, he has only contributed his personal money from his pocket and has a personal interest and personal feeling about some aspects. So he decides where his personal money goes based on his personal feelings.

I don’t think he has a favorite group, just different groups do different things. But that is for him to answer.

Hope this helps…

Chandler

Why do you feel that it is ok to attack and belittle everyone else but we must not attack or belittle you?

You started the attacks in your first post. I never called you a conspector. I called you a contractor-inspector. Which are the first two qualifications you list on your web site. You even direct 203 clients to your construction company. So you are a contractor and inspector or a inspector and contractor. I only stated facts.

As for low balling my market you will need to go much lower than $99. But I welcome the challenge so bring it on big boy.

You still have a lot of learning to do so don’t stop now.

At this time no PAC has been formed. Talks are taking place to determine the feasibility of starting a PAC. We will have to see how much support there is to determine if a PAC is warranted. In case you didn’t know it takes a lot of money to run a successful PAC. There is no reason to have a PAC if the financial support is not there to make it successful.
If a PAC is formed it will be run by the people that put in the work to make it happen.

As far as inspection depot is concerned would you rather give your money to Michal Rowan or would you rather it stay in house?

As stated before no officer of the FLHII received any compensation for their efforts. As a matter of fact most of us spend money from our own pockets to make these things work.

Now that we have answered your questions and took your abuse how about answering one question for me.

What have you done since becoming a INACHI member to make the profession better?

Russ, If you remember correctly we post all the meetings including for our elections on this message board, all were welcome to attend. The original organizers of this chapter were not required to have an election. WE decided that would be the best coarse of action for the Chapter and elections were performed and by-laws written.

Since this is an area that many people have been confused about. I will clarify this for many. This is the exact reason why I tell people what we have done(not because I want to hear the sound of our own trumpets).

There are basically two Fl chapters

FlNachi and us the Fl Home and Insurance Inspectors(FLHII).

FlNachi has the newsletter, they have the seat on the collocation and did the testing for licensing.

We have had the meetings in Melbourne(3), Sarasota and Gainsville.
We have invited Wayne to speak and are trying to collect money for the lobbyist(just as everyone else is). We are all using the same guy.
Our meetings have been about Wind Mits, four points, mold and pools. Our last meeting/convention in Melbourne, was many things. Our Chapter website has all of that info still.

• We have a mentoring program, headed by Russ.

• Nachi Nickels headed by Aubry.

• Dennis Bonner was/is spear heading our “re-inspection” program(ie, Nachi management) he is also working on a sink hole program.

• Greg Bell is working on the legislative program(the legislative tour)

• Several are working on the PAC

• Several have gone to Tallahassee to speak to the OIR about wind mits

We have several big obstacles we are trying to over come, hence the issues you see here.

• We are not FL Nachi, they are not us.

• Communicating to our members and them us, many things get lost or miss construed on this message board.

• Getting Inspectors to participate. As good as our meetings are, many do not attend for various reasons.

If you are concerned about our future as a profession, you should get involved. It will help us and you. If you do not like what we do, tell us to change, help us change or you can work with another org, your decision.

Again, all are welcome at our meetings. If you have a question, contact us anytime. We are happy to share anything you want, this is the reason this chapter was formed.

Shoot, that’s all you had to say Jethro. I’ll be in Orlando. Should I bring bodyguard, lawyer or just someone to talk to?

except,

I was told Nachi Management was DEAD. Still on life support? Is Nachi Management same group as FL HII? I actually find re-inspections interesting and was sorry to see INachi overlooked in the bid. Don’t know how any group could beat a collaborative bid by Nachi should the opp come again.

No body guard needed. If I don’t need one you sure as hell don’t need one. I talked with Mack and Ben and they might try and revitalize the insurance inspection thing, but for now it is dead. But we shall see, that is too big for us and that is HQ decision for now.

William I never have a problem with questioning anything we do, and we love ya, at least I do.

Aw shucks, Russ. You’re the best, buddy. Wish you were coming to Orlando cuz’ then I wouldn’t have to bring someone to talk to.

I am sure we can find someone to talk to, even if you get stuck talking with me. I will listen. :slight_smile:

deal, Big John.

Now doesn’t that feel better--------I feel the love now !:slight_smile:

William, let me just say these guys have the best interest of all inspectors in Florida with absolutely no hidden agenda except to give us a seat at the table with complete sunshine! Heck we all stood in the hallway in Melbourne recently discussing all kinds of topics with Nick and Ben including the insurance re-inspection situation. Anyone could just walk up and listen and add anything to the topic in the hallway… that is pretty out in the open.

These guys do this on their own time and dime and I for one am very grateful.

**Thank You **Gentlemen you know who you are!

As you and I both know there are not that many who wish to contribute to there own legislative support.
So don’t worry - there will not be 1400 inspectors chipping in to support the cost of a Lobbyist who will work for Home Inspectors and protect our lively hood.

LMAO…Lobbyist do nothing but take money. Seen two of them so far and they both produce no results and a ton of fear…so they can make their check next year.

I want VALUE. Show me a plan, a direction, goals and how they will be accomplished and people might give. To give blindly and based on “we need it” is simply STUPID. I know because I was STUPID and gave!

It got me no where, we it did open my eyes. So I guess I have that to be thankful for. Expensive lesson learned.

Nick refuses to financially support the Lobbyist because of his association with the other inspection groups. (ASHI, FABI etc.)
FL NACHI has never charged dues - so contributions are the only well to draw from.
As far as Florida Inspectors being represented in Tallahassee - we each either chip in few bucks in or pray Nick moves here and can be at every gathering