Garage door opener

What’s the reasoning for this question?

I inspected a double sided garage not long ago with the openers offset… more than 4 feet. The doors had not been opend in a while and the rubber seal was ‘stuck’ to the slab and side wall seals. When the door broke free, the side with the opener came up first. The door worked correctly on repeated cycles.

No mistake on my part. Marcel did make a mistake in thinking that I meant that it will quickly go up to 3 feet but this is not true. When you pull on the release handle it will raise the door easily. If you let it rest it should stop at about 3 feet for a proper adjustment according to info I have researched. I will admit that I have only watched Garage doors being installed and never focused attention to the winding of the torsion bar but 7 or 8 turns on each side sounds correct to me. Marcel no I will not research anymore on Garage Door installation, If the door does this when I test it I say it is OK along with the other safety features required.

I did not make a mistake on what I read here.

dangerous condition if garage door “springs” up. it should stay where it is and you should be able to lift it somewhat easily if spring, rollers, track are all good. any door that “springs” up is under too much tension.

Ok so what is your point! That is exactly what I am saying. When I want to escape a garage I will pull on the handle firmly and if the unit does not go up it is not balanced correctly. It should stay at any point that you leave it according to Garaga door Installation. the ones I find stay at about 3 feet and then drop slowly.
I would imagine if you are directly under the release when pulling it would not move at all for some doors but that is not the point of the quick release or am I wrong.
Please give me some documentation that this is wrong and I will accept it.

]

You can’t tell him anything Marcel. He’s a CMI.:stuck_out_tongue:

Baloney.

How do inspectors get the CMI designation?

Please give me some documentation that this is wrong and I will accept it.

I already did if you would bother to read it.

And you have not provided anything supporting your case beyond your opinion.:frowning:

I have that info on PDF.
I still pull the quick release and it opens the door not lift the door after.
Since many of my inspections have an access door I only do this with no door to exit the garage outside.

Post it or the link.

What are you hiding?

www.garaga.com

You can do better than that. I found nothing with a quick look

edit:

from your link:

Correct only mine says no more than 10 LBS.
I would suspect that the installers make sure that it is a little bit less knowing it will weaken in time.

Again, that does not square with what you posted.

No more from me.

There is not point.

Have a nice day.

So how many useless posts did you put on your count.

That looks like a fairly expensive home…and they put the toilet outside???

visual aid