Gaslite

Originally Posted By: rray
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Anyone run into this stuff? It was labeled “Gaslite” (registered) and “5 psi” and was being used as the gas line. It was pretty cool stuff, probably cousins to PEX.

![](upload://lr3P6OtXMkWb30K4NZ6rBgfiNAu.jpeg)

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Russel, I see alot of this brand here in New England, indeed it is my own plumbers weapon of choice for gas lines due to its ease of use and low instalation cost.

Gerry Beaumont

NACHI Education Committee

e-mail : education@nachi.org

NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: nlewis

Russel,

It is actually called Gastite. It is flexible stainless steel. It can be run through floors and walls without a sleeve. It is becoming more common in these parts as more plumbers get certified for it.
www.gastite.com

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Russel,

Yep, pretty common around here too. I find it mostly in new construction around here but I also run into some retrofit. I happen to like it since you don't have to worry about dozens of elbows, t's, taps or connectors to check for leaks. I have only ever found one connection that was leaking at the manifold, the rest have been good.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: rray

I’ve been reading about it thanks to the links provided above and the fact that I now have the name right. It seems to be pretty impressive stuff. No wonder the plumbers’ union didn’t want it in California and that it took a judge’s order to let it into California.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.