Get paid for your inspections while your client pays nothing!

“If I can do it, anyone can do it”…yuk, yuk (quote from video)

From time to time NACHI makes mistakes when endorsing certain products or services. This is surely one of those times.

Give me a press release from any member and I’ll post it. Paul came up with www.nachi.org/ticker.htm last night and no… it doesn’t mean I’m promoting his ticker over any other member’s ticker!

If it is a NACHI member’s cart… I’m pushing it.

Because they don’t want to offend the other orgs or realtors who don’t like nachi. This is realtor control inspection at it’s finest, realtor controlled insurance at it’s finest, realtor controlled warranty at it’s finest, realtor controlled consumers at it’s finest and they want us to pay for by buying franchises! That’s not marketing, it’s manipulation at it’s finest! IMO and NSHO oooh where do I sign up? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Boy! wait till Dan and Todd get a hold of this one, it will be the longest thread in history!

Exactly!

Also;

1. Upload reports, (Everybodys Old News)
  2. 10,000 photo data base, (NACHI - Old News)
  3. Training? Are they kidding? (Way Old News)
  4. Inspect every listing in America. Would you as a buyer accept their inspection report?
  5. Inspecting listings is also (Way Old News). Real estate companies started trying that in California about 10 years ago, to complete failure. It works great if the subject property is in excellent condition, if not, take a guess what happens? The owner ends up with a laundry list and a house that won’t sell. The owner ends up releasing the listing agent, so they can obtain another listing agent who doesn’t have knowledge of the prior inspection report.
  6. Since realtors work on commission and the industry itself agrees that ethical problems are rampant within their industry, the thought of full and complete disclosure is laughable at best.

Don’t give these guys a moments concern. It’s not happening, period!

A lot of NACHI members don’t mention NACHI on their websites. Since forming the SoCal NACHI Chapter I’ve been looking at local area NACHI member websites. They list CREIA, NAHI and ASHI, but not NACHI. I’m assuming they joined NACHI for the internet benefits and nothing else.

Seems like a member should be required to promote the organization they belong to, no?

Will,

The Association should derive benefit thru the promotion of their Membership.

What (and for Whom) is the perceived benefit in the reverse application of this Model?

If the organization, through the bungling of it’s various parts, destroys the business of it’s members, the members should have the option to not advertise that they hold membership, just as the org should not be required to advertise that they hold that person as a member due to the possibility that the member may not be a particularly savvy businessperson.

Nick, any way to can get Lowes to offer this discount for ALL NACHI members to give to their clients? Now that would be helpful.

You can already get 10% - 20% coupons at LOWES and
HOME DEPOT. Search Google.

http://www.constructionsecret.com/

Why offer the client something they know is available
on the internet for free?

John…they’re not free…they cost $9.95 each at that site. I think I’ll stop by Lowe’s and HD and see if they provide those to contractors or others for really free.

But it’s not free, you have to buy the coupons to give out at 10 bucks a pop

Tell you what…

Why not chip in and have NACHI purchase these coupons as a buyers co-op. Or, as a NACHI member, we get them for free (from Lowes). Imagine 10,000 NACHI inspectors handing out coupons to clients who will be buying everything from toilets to lamps.

Cant do it with Lowes? How about Home Depot?

I would not offer it as an incentive to hire me. I’d offer it as a way of saying “thank you”.

Nick has a plan. I know it. He cannot be serious about linking NACHI with this kind of thing. When he reveals it, we will all be awed.

I’m not at all sure I understand that question. My response however, is that several NACHI members in my area, use the great NACHI internet machine to promote their other HI organizational memberships, not NACHI. I believe in these particular cases, these members are using NACHI’s marketing system to actually harm NACHI and it’s true NACHI friendly membership.

And Home Depot as well!

http://www.dealcatcher.com/home-depot-coupons

You can get some coupons for a buck and some for $10 bucks.
Regardless… I would not entice someone to hire me
with a gift coupon.

I know one guy in this area that offers a free tool set
or a free cordless drill if you hire him.

I thought about offering panty hose and candy bars. :roll:

NICK…Still no answer…why are you giving away free memberships? Please respond so all the paying members can have there explanation!

Tony…NACHI has given away 1st year free memberships for years. That’s not a big deal.

No, you wouldn’t. But, when you are giving your report to you client and you give them the 20% coupon, they become happy and now they will tell others on how happy you made them and others will call you to do their inspections and they will look forward to their 20% coupon. It’s an extra, and it’s a nice extra.