gutter routing

How would one fix this problem. or is it even an issue, there are no end caps on these gutters. Also, the roof is interfering with the routing of the gutter.

Regards
Gary

[quote=nbhi]
How would one fix this problem. or is it even an issue, there are no end caps on these gutters. Also, the roof is interfering with the routing of the gutter.

Regards
Gary

Put on end caps and install a down spout drop from the top gutter into the lower gutter.
Roy Cooke

It is a problem because the water flow from the gutter ends will wash off the protective granules from the shingles and they will age prematurely. The water flow needs to be rerouted some where else.

Thanks Dave I should have said that .
When you have a heavy rain you get a very large amount of water going over a very small section of the roof.
As David said life can be cut 50%±.
Roy Cooke

Gary;

That was a good one. Never seen anything like it.

Glad I live in an UN-innovated place. ha. ha. Takes someone special to devise a diverter like that.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Also taking into consideration you are in Ohio where seasonal conditions will contribute to the back up. The ridge creates a limitation for the gutter install, but the gutters could be sloped away from the ridge on each side to separate corner downspouts. That would leave a very limited amount of water hitting the lower peak / shingles from the upper roof.

Like Roy and Adam said, you could cap them and extend downspouts, or even better, replace (or at least re-pitch) them away from this area to the downspouts. I also thought the overexposed shingles and the homemade ridge caps were a nice touch. What make situations like this even worse is that you usually see poor or non existent flashing at the fascias where the gutters currently dump.

Are the gutters sloped down to that ridge so that the water is intended to go out of the gutter there and run down the roof? That is almost what it looks like to me, in which case I’d tell them to have the gutters rehung with downspouts located in a different location.