Have you applied for National Certification

Did not work will try again Roy

No I withdrew my application because this whole program is questionable because it does not meet CAN P9. To suggest it does meets CAN P9 is misleading and misrepresentative.

The whole process is based on who knows who. There is no assurance that the TIPR inspectors are qualified to examine and review any one given the qualities and issues with TIPR inspectors. Some of the TIPR members have been complained about more then once to their associations for various reasons.

Roy,

I would like to vote but I need the option of “Have not applied and don’t intend to”

sorry I still did not get it correct I was trying to get yes no answers in .
Paul if you can get it to work Please try .
I to am extremly disapointed in the process and feel that CAHPI sure has not run this near as well as it should be .
I know too many who have no idea of the National or others who know very little about it .

Roy

No did not apply and will not apply RHI is better than NC in my opion

Rob,

I agree RHI is more worthy than National Certification. RHI has legislation, while Nat. Cert. does not, but like OAHI they all report to themselves and are able to thwart the rules and bury things and ignore requests.

Stay tuned I will be having a lot more to say about OAHI, its ethics at managment level and how they deny due process.

Unfortunately or fortunately the national certification may well turn RHI into a meaningless designation. If someone has the NC why are they not on the same footing as someone with the RHI designation as well as NC?
Larry

Hi Raymond:

I was selected from B.C. to particiopate in the NCP back in January. I just received an e-mail on Friday that indicated we would be writing our exams and doing our practical home inspection the week of September 26th; the location is yet to be announced. I will let you know the outcome. I applied back in January to participate and was chosen not by"who I knew" but by “what I know”. They were fully aware that I was a member of NACHI and processed my application nonetheless. We’ll have to await the outcome.

Regards,

C. Brett Bernier
Fraser Valley Home Inspections

Brett

Are you concerned the program is questionable because it has not been audited for compliance to CAN P9?

Also what is happening with licencing in BC. As I understand it the National is totally seperate and not on the radar because ASTTBC seems to have the governments ear and not CAHPI and the national?

Thanks,

After standing down wind of the few people that have been identified as being responsible for examining applicants in Ontariio I can tell you it will be a long time before I lower my standards and submit to that anal exam.

OR
Nope.

I heard that anyone dealing with TIPR examiners in Ontario should attend the inspection and review wearing soap on a rope.

Those TIPR examiners in Ontario are:

Cam Allen - Maberly (Kingston)
Brian Callaghan - Ottawa
Alden Gibson - Kitchener (area)
Glen Gogal - Toronto
Carl Inglis - Toronto
Robert Johnson - Kitchener
Bill Mullen - Sarnia
David Pickerill - St. Catherines
Ron Sinclair - Chatham
George Webb - London
Paul Wilson - Ottawa

Can you spot the “good ole boys?” I can.

Paul Wilson
Alden Gibson
George Webb
Bill Mullen
Brian Callaghan
Carl Inglis
Cam Allen

The Foxes inside the Hen house. :wink:

I wonder if these TIPR examiners have met the CAN P9 requirements and have been audited to ensure they know what the game rules are? NOT!

Ray, you mean there ARE rules? Surely not for the annointed just the great unwashed such as us?:shock:

Lets see…

Former Directors of OAHI -

Cam Allen - Maberly (Kingston)
Brian Callaghan - Ottawa
Alden Gibson - Kitchener (area)
Carl Inglis - Toronto
Bill Mullen - Sarnia
George Webb - London

Current director -

Glen Gogal - Toronto

Carl Inglis is current report verifier of OAHI. He is not well thought of by many newbies who have had to endure Mr. Inglis’ ego and standard of review which exceeds the SOP. And now he is going to be certifying contestants for the National? Scary!

http://www.oahi.com/default.asp?tier_1=63&tier_2=73&content=26
http://www.oahi.com/default.asp?tier_1=63&tier_2=72&content=25

Hi Brett,

I was also chosen for the NC but I haven’t heard anything from them since they cashed my cheque. Unfortunately I’m in England at the moment and will probably be here until the end of October (looking after my mother-in-law who has been ill) so if they are planning tests and so on it looks like I will miss it…

P Blakey

Are you concerned the program is questionable because it has not been audited for compliance to CAN P9? Which calls into question the whole project?

Also what is happening with licencing in BC. As I understand it the National is totally seperate and not on the radar because ASTTBC seems to have the governments ear and not CAHPI and the national?

Go for the best! CMI is the one, number one!

Today I had the pleasure of participating in the National Certification iniative. It was challenging,and the people acting as proctors were a delight to work with. It was clear from the outset that I am a practicing member of NACHI.
David Verge

Raymond,
For us West Coasters what is CAN P9?
Thanx,
Todd
Port Alberni