Help with Presentation

Originally Posted By: dfrend
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have been asked by a Realtor that I have worked alot with recently to develop a presentation about home inspections to be given at a seminar for first time home buyers. It needs to be adaptable for all homeowners and it is not to be a presentation on ME. I am a fire service instructor and have experience with teaching and such. I am preparing a powerpoint slade show and want some content suggestions. When It is done, I will share it with members. So far my sections are: What a home inspection is, what a home inspection is not, reasons for a home inspection.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

I am working on adding a space for NACHI logo and YOUR company info, so when this is done any member can take this and with a projector can educate agents as well to the importance of home inspections[/url]

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

Originally Posted By: rkulla

Hi Dan,

I would say to add some photos of issues that are in areas that realtors and buyers can’t see. Attic and roof issues, I have a good photo of fire rated sheetrock that was broken off the wall in an attic. It was in an attic in a townhouse / condo. The area was about 3’ x 4’. Let me know if you want it.

Rex Kulla

Custom Home Inspections

Maple Grove MN

That is the kind of thing I was thinking of for the Reasons section. Thats why I saved that for last. While I am at it if you folks would kindly post any “OH My GOD” pictures I can use to show them i t would be great.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

Originally Posted By: rkulla

Dan,

I just emailed the photos to you. Let me know if you can open them.

Rex

Originally Posted By: Joe

Dan-

I’ll email some photos to you in MS Word format that I have as well…

Regards,

Joe O’Connell

Integrated Home Inspection

www.knowthehome.com

I get an error message (quota full) when I email you, is there an email address that I can send this file to other than dfrend@freestatehome.com?

Regards,

Joe O’Connell

www.knowthehome.com

Nope, not sure why that message came to you? I got other emails. You can try inspector@freestatehome.co but it is just a forwarding address

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

Originally Posted By: mrose

Hi Dan,

You might want to add some information about fireplace maintenance and chimney fires. It tis the season.

Here is the key factor to a Realtors' presentation.

Under no circumstances present a topic that will scare them or make them think here is another issue to kill my deal.

Gerry B. has collected a boat load of pictures for educational use. Try him.

Best regards,

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

My file must have been too large…

I just sent them individually, let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Joe O’Connell

www.knowthehome.com

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Dan,

As Mike correctly stated i have been collection inspection pics for educational use for some time, let me know what you need and I'll see what I have.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Actually Gerry, if you could I would like your thoughts on this project. Nick said you were the guru for this type of thing. I didn’t really explain it well though.

Basically, This realtor gives an "educational" seminar, available to anyone, but mainly clients that have already approached her to buy. I have 20-30 minutes to "educate" home buyers, mostly first time, on why to have a home inspection. I am preparing a powerpoint presentation and accompaning lecture. This is not directly a marketing plan. However each of these clients are going to be refered to me when the time comes in their buying process and the thought is that they will remember my seminar and, hey, why look for someone else?

I want though to keep this as a "education" on home inspections, and not just a seminar for buyers. That way, I can add my logo to slides and the NACHI logo, and take it to realtors to talk to them as well. So I want to design it to meet the educational needs of clients and realtors. In this way, I want to design it so anyone on here could add their info and present it as well. Of course they need a projector, but those are much more common place and your local realty office might have one. I borrow mine from the fire training academy.

So Gerry, if you could throw me any thopughts or ideas I would appreciate it. I will email you the presentation I started if you want.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

You can find some pictures for your presentation here.

http://www.b4uclose.net/b4uclosehomeinspections/id3.html

Use what you will.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jedwards

Daniel,

Here's an article from... well, another HI organization's web site that has some good stats that might make good background info for your introduction.

http://www.ashi.com/media/press/release001.htm

The numbers are a couple years old, but still tell a pretty good story, IMO. Hope this helps a little.

--
John Edwards
Assurance South, LLC home page
Pre-Paid Legal Services

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Daniel,

Maybe a short line on why the price of the Inspection is not a good thing to go cheap on, you get what you pay for type thing. Like a $99.00 inspection to check out what your going to live in for X amount of years or spend XXX thousands of dollars for this is not the place to go cheaper is better. Find a qualified inspector not a cheap one. It my help educate not only the buyers but the realtors also.

Just a thought,

James